"I'll leave the rest to you, Ares. Explain everything to her, including the rules and what's expected," Mr. Mitchell instructed.

"Yes, sir!" Ares nodded in understanding.

"Alright, please do this favor for me. I'll go and inform the principal about everything," Mr. Mitchell said, talking as though I weren't even in the room.

Ares agreed to the task, and as they continued their conversation, my gaze continued to shift blankly between them. I sat there, feeling numb, my mouth opening and closing as I struggled to find words. Once Mr. Mitchell left, I sensed a pair of eyes fixated on the side of my head.

Summoning some courage, I turned to look at Ares and found him already watching me.

Cough!

Cough!

Meeting his gaze again, I felt as if something had lodged in my throat, causing me to cough involuntarily.

"Are you okay?" Ares asked with genuine concern, quickly pouring a glass of water and placing it in front of me.

"I...I am, thank you," I stammered, immediately reaching for the glass and gulping down its contents without hesitation.

"Slow down, you'll choke," Ares cautioned, speaking casually as he resumed his seat beside me.

I placed the glass back on the table and straightened myself, feeling a mixture of embarrassment and gratitude.

"Top student, huh?" His voice reached my ears.

"Well..." I smiled awkwardly, unsure of how to respond to his compliment.

"So, we should decide when and where to meet for our study sessions," Ares suggested, reaching for a notepad and a pen from the table.

I turned toward him, a bit puzzled. He began to jot down something. My eyes drifted from his hands to his face, hesitantly taking in the view.

The overhead light cast a gentle glow on his features. His long lashes created shadows on his high cheekbones, and his light brown eyes remained fixed on the paper in front of him. I couldn't believe that I was seeing him so close. I had spent countless hours observing him from a distance, but never did I imagine he would be sitting right beside me. My eyes softened as I stared at his exquisite features, and a smile naturally graced my lips. He was, without a doubt, the most beautiful creation I had ever laid eyes on.

Watching someone you admired up close was an entirely different experience. I felt a strange, ticklish sensation in my chest, as if I might melt away just by gazing at him. I wished I could savor this moment indefinitely.

My reverie abruptly ended when Ares glanced up at me, setting the pen aside and tearing a small note from the pad. With lightning speed, I shifted my gaze away, my eyes widening with embarrassment, and my heart raced wildly. I looked anywhere but at him, overwhelmed by shame.

Had he noticed me?

"Here, this is my weekly class schedule," he said, sliding the note onto the desk in front of me. I slowly turned my head to examine the small piece of paper, my eyes fixed on it as if it held the key to untold treasures.

"We can decide when to meet based on the free periods in both our schedules. I have free periods on Tuesday and Friday. Alternatively, we can study after regular school hours since I have an extra class that I can skip," he suggested.

"Whenever is convenient for you," I replied quickly, not bothering to think it through.

"Take your time to check your schedule, and we can find a mutually agreeable time. I'll write my number here, is that alright with you?" Ares asked.