Little Bit Of Trouble On Roadtrip Home

Joshua’s POV

I had a really good time at Uncle Russ and Aunt Ashley’s except when I got in trouble because of Sam. That wasn’t a good time, but all the other times, it was fun. Uncle Russ and Aunt Ashley can be funny. They make silly jokes and faces and they make me laugh.

“Daddy, can we stop at the store for snacks to bring with us?” I ask as we are getting ready to go home. It’s a long car ride and I have to sit in my stupid car seat. I hate my car seat. I wish I could be big enough so I wouldn’t have to.

“Let’s see what Uncle Russ and Aunt Ashley have for snacks that we can bring with us first, then we can MAYBE stop to get a few snacks on the way,” daddy says.

Aunt Ashley pulls out some healthy snacks and places them into the bag for us. Yuck, I hate healthy snacks.

“Aunt Ashley, do you have any actual good snacks?” I ask and daddy comes up to me and pops me on the bottom.

“Don’t be rude, you get what you get, or you don’t get any. Now, you need to go and try to use the potty one more time before we head out,” he tells me, and gives me his don’t try to give me an attitude look, so I just go and do as I’m told.

As I’m coming out of the bathroom, Uncle Russ comes up to me and picks me up. “I have to show you something big guy,” he says. I love when he calls me big guy, because it makes me feel like a big kid.

He brings me into his office and he opens his desk drawer, inside is full of the snacks that I LOVE. There are Twinkies, CupCakes, HoHos, Oreos, and Creme Pies.

“You can take 3,” he tells me and I smile big at him as I choose my favorite 3, Oreos, Creme Pies, and CupCakes.

“Okay, I picked 3.” I said, and then heard daddy calling my name. “How am I going to hide these from daddy?” I ask.

“You aren’t going to, I’m going to tell daddy, I gave you 3, I gave John 3, and I gave Katrina 3,” Uncle Russ tells me with a smile.

We emerge from the office and I show dad my choices of snacks that Uncle Russ allowed me to choose and he isn’t happy.

“Grant, I gave all the kids 3 treats from my personal treat drawer. Don’t tell them off, because they did nothing wrong,” He tells daddy and daddy sighs and picks me up as he takes my snacks and puts them in the snack bag along with the healthy snacks. He goes to John and Katrina and does the same with theirs too. Meanie.

Aunt Ashley is hugging daddy and Uncle Russ is saying goodbye to Katrina and everyone else is saying goodbye to each other, so nobody is looking and I take this time to sneak in to the snack bag and take out MY snacks and put them in the secret space in my car seat that I found. Maybe having to ride in my car seat won't be so bad after all!

"Remember even though you like corn, I still love you," Sam says as she comes to give me a hug.

I roll my eyes and give her a hug back. "Yeah, remember even though you like green beans, I still love you, too" I say and we both laugh.

We all say goodbye to everyone one at a time and then daddy comes and lifts me up into my car seat and buckles me in.

"You went potty?" He asks me, again. He can be so annoying sometimes.

"Yes, daddy!" I whine.

"Do you want to ride with a sore bottom for the first part of this journey back home?" He asks me sternly and I realized I just broke the no whining rule. Stupid rule.

"No, sir." I answer and he kisses my forehead and shuts the door.

I look over at John and we both laugh as we both roll our eyes.