Chapter 132 - Amelia's Prize

"...Farewell, Child of Eventide. I will await you at the top of the Spire."

Emrys' last words only served to confuse Viviane further, but she didn't have time to try and comprehend them. The noblewoman gasped as she sat up, her ears ringing with the sound of combat, explosions, and steel piercing flesh. Ki circulated through her body once more, and she felt strength flow through her muscles despite the dull ache in the back of her head.

"Medrauta!" Viviane shouted as she watched Medrauta stab Ritya over and over again, opening countless wounds in the black-clad knight's body just as quickly as they regenerated. Now without a weapon, Ritya was hard pressed to defend against Medrauta's animalistic but crazed assault, and though her body refused to allow her the comfort of death, it did nothing to soothe the constant pain she was forced to endure.

Despite Bastiche's best attempts to free his knight from Medrauta's assault, the nobleman's weapon of choice wasn't exactly suited for support or bailing his allies out. While his blasts held incredible destructive potential, they affected a large radius which would no doubt be highly dangerous if he attempted to ward off Medrauta as the silver-haired beast stuck close to her prey.

"Medrauta, stop! What are you doing!?" Viviane cried desperately. Bastiche and Ritya were their enemies, there was no doubt about that. However, the senseless violence that Medrauta was engaging in right now made absolutely no sense. The silver-haired beast had Ritya pinned to the ground, mounting the black-clad knight while continuously stabbing her head rapidly as Ritya screamed in pain, wishing for death while being unable to die.

Meanwhile, Bastiche was forced to watch in horror as Medrauta continued mutilating his precious knight's regenerating body. His hands trembled in rage, but he could do nothing even if he risked his own suffering. After all, he'd already tried rushing toward the silver-haired beast in an attempt to push her off, but his paltry strength couldn't even budge Medrauta, much less force the crazed creature to take notice of him. Had Medrauta not been so close to Ritya, he would've used his blasts without a second thought, but he knew that not even the gift of regeneration would allow Ritya to survive one at such close range.

Viviane had no idea what was going on with her knight, but she knew it had to stop. She had promised to pull Medrauta out of her darkest moments, after all, and this was certainly one of them. Enhancing the whole of her body to its limits, Viviane burst forward with strength comparable to that of a squire, causing a small indent in the slate floor as she pushed off.

Her acceleration took her straight into Medrauta, ramming into the knight and throwing her off Ritya's prone body as she and Medrauta tumbled across the floor before landing in an awkward heap. Before the knight could react, Viviane brought all her strength to bear, flipping Medrauta over and mounting her. The noblewoman knew she couldn't overpower the knight for long. Viviane had one chance to snap Medrauta out of her abnormal state, and she had to do it fast.

Viviane thrust her hands around Medrauta's face, gripping her cheeks tightly as the knight thrashed beneath her, bucking like a crazed bull in an attempt to throw the noblewoman off. Viviane knew she only had just a few more seconds to act before she was inevitably dislodged, but she didn't falter even for a second. Lowering her head, she pressed her lips against Medrauta's in a sudden but gentle kiss.

For a moment, Medrauta continued to struggle against Viviane's ministrations, but the knight soon relaxed as the light slowly came back to her previously dull eyes. Twin red spots appeared on Medrauta's cheeks as she struggled for an entirely new reason now, wincing as she momentarily forgot how damaged her left arm had become.

"W-What are you doing!?" Medrauta broke away from the kiss, glancing around the chamber in panic. There was absolutely no time for the two of them to be taking a break, much less engage in acts of intimacy during what had been a pitched fight. The very thought stunned Medrauta as she stared up at Viviane, utterly confused at how her lady had somehow ended up mounting her.