It's like history repeating itself.

"Shit AJ if things were this bad why didn't you come to me sooner.

"And do what? You been holding a grudge against mom for years so imagine if y'all were in the same room together."

"But she's wrong for shutting you out like that. She's not stable AJ she don't give a fuck about us straight up."

"Yeah you right. Told myself after I graduated highschool I was out."

"You did the right thing. Matter of fact you not going back there you welcome to stay with me as long as you want til you get a job and find yo own crib."

"Preciate it brotha"

It was silent for a while as we cruised down the highway until we finally reached back at the apartment.

As we pulled into the underground parking I saw two girls standing under a lifted car hood and a familiar face.

Trinity

"Shii those two bitches fine as hell" AJ licked his lips.

"Yo watch yo mouth" I mugged him.

"What?" he mugged me back.

AJ winded down the window as we pulled up beside them."Ayo what's poppin ladies" he smiled giving them a wink.

Trinity turned her head towards us and I shook my head to myself.

I popped the trunk and got outta the car.

I took in Trinity as I approached her. She was wearing those black nice pro shorts that showed her ass a lil and a white crop top.

She looked good as always

"Hey" I nod my chin at her.

"Hey" she smiled looking bath and forth from me to the trunk where AJ was grabbing his stuff.

"My bad about him"

"No that's fine" she spoke in her sweet tone.

"What you doing out here?" my gaze trailed over her car."

"Me and my sis been out here tryna figure out why my car won't start. Piece a shit" she said the last part under her breath.

"Hey" her sis waved at me.

"Nice to meet you my name is Delano" I held out my hand.

She looked shocked as she shook my hand. "I'm Renae"

"Since we doing introductions my name is AJ" AJ joined us.

"Trinity this AJ my brother. AJ this is Trinity." I spoke.

"What she's your girlfriend?" AJ said and Renae chuckled.

"No we're just... friends" Trinity clarified clearing her throat.

"Nice to meet you Trinity you and your sister look lovely by the way" AJ commented

"Mind if I take a look at the car?" I asked Trinity while I side eyed AJ.

"Sure" Trinity stepped aside.

"You said it won't start right?" I asked her.

"Yeah" she responded

"AJ look in the back of the trunk and pass me the jumper cable."

"Might be cause you have a dead battery" I explained to her.

I attached the jumper cables to both car and tried starting up the car and with a couple attempts it worked.
I gave her a thumbs up as I got out the car.

"Thank you so much I really appreciate it" she grinned

"No problem I'm here if you need me." I gave her a smile.

I put the cables back in my trunk and locked up my car.

"I'll see you around" I told Trinity and she nodded her head.

"Wait.. about the job thing you didn't get back to me on that" she spoke up. I gave her a lil smirk.

"You have any plans tonight?"

"Why?" she scrunched up her eyebrows.

" I was gonna head down to the club tonight. You wanna join?"

"Sure" she smiled

"Meet me in the lobby by 10pm?" I suggested

"Yeah" Trinity nodded her head

"Aight cool see you later then"

"Yeah later"

"Yo AJ" I gazed over to him and Renae who had stepped aside earlier.

"Yo gimme a second"

I watched as they switched phones and a couple seconds later he was by my side again. We then headed for the elevator and I couldn't help but looked back at Trinity over my shoulder while we waited for it.

I don't know why but I was so intrigued by her. She's so unlike the girls I've dated before.

"Brotha you pussy whipped real bad." AJ said, amusement clear in his eyes.

I didn't say nothing but clenched my teeth instead. I won't admit it but he was partially correct.

——————————-