Chapter 1: Prologue

It's been a year since I moved to America because of family problems.

It's been a year since the last time I talked to the Pevensies.

It's been a year since....since the last time I looked into those dark hazel eyes. Those dark hazel eyes of Edmund Pevensie.

I met the Pevensies in school. I was in the same class as their youngest sister, Lucy. She was my very first friend until she introduced me to her older sister, Susan. We spent most of our free time talking and getting to know each other. They often talked about their brothers who are attending the school across the street. I enjoy hearing them talk about their siblings because I don't have any and I admire how close they are with each other. I want to meet them but at the same time I didn't because I was never good at talking to people especially boys. One day Lucy and Susan approached me with a surprising news.

Susan: So Emily, would you--

Lucy: Would you like to eat lunch with us this weekend?

Me: Don't we always eat lunch together?

Susan: What Lucy meant was would you like to eat with my siblings and me?

I don't know what happend to me but I just got nervous and couldn't talk.

Lucy: So what's your answer?

Me: Ummm....you guys can eat with them without me.

Lucy: C'mon please??

Me: I don't know..

Susan: Don't worry, it'll be fun.

Lucy looked at me with that face that makes me always agree with her.
As usual, it worked.

Me: Fine. I'll go with you.

Lucy&Susan: Yes!

The weekend came in a flash and I was finally meeting the rest of the Pevensies. Lucy had to drag me out to make sure I would not run away.

Lucy: Peter and Edmund, this is Emily Schmid.

Me: It's nice to meet you.

The lunch went well and I remembered sitting in front of Edmund. I remember catching him staring at me. We didn't talk but something about his eyes attracted me to him.

Days became weeks and weeks became months and I got to know all  the Pevensies. I got closer though with Edmund because it turns out we had the same personality and we can relate on so many things. Aside from getting closer from him, I started having feelings for him. Of course I never got to tell him because I was not even sure if he felt the same and also because I found out that I was moving to America. I got to write to all them before I left and for Edmund, I left him my necklace to remember me of. All throughout the trip to America, I wondered when will I see them again?