Chapter 23: Eneru's Scheme

En başından başla

"Probably the Rumble-Rumble Fruit." Wyper, supplied.

"If I'm not mistaken, among the many kinds of powers, it's one of those said to be 'invincible'." Robin adds on. "The power of lightning!"

"It's a logia type." I start. "He is able to turn any part of his body into his element, and it makes physical attacks near useless." I break down the powers further.

"Chi," I call, looking at her on my shoulder. "You should go somewhere else for now." I motion to where Nami currently is, and Chi takes the hint, dashing for a safer location.

"Well, it's exactly the time that I prophesied. Now, there are six! I'm glad you've survived! Hahaha. I shall bring you along with me. To the dream world that I'm setting off to! To the Endless Vearth!"

"And...if we refuse?" Robin questions with a steady voice.

"Refuse? Why? It was decided by god. If you stay here, you'll fall into a bottomless pit with this nation!" Eneru asks with a constipated looking face that was meant to be one of confusion.

"It's probably true that with your power, you can do that. But if you thoughtlessly destroy this nation, isn't the thing you want going to fall as well?" Robin reminds the man of lightning.

"You mean the golden bell?" He asks excitedly.

"That's right."

He started to laugh then. "You needn't worry. I already have some idea. If I recall the actions you took, there is only one possible place." He was suggesting the top of Giant Jack, the beanstalk. Sadly, he was correct.

I sigh.

"You seem surprised." He comments.

"Just disappointed really since I was the first to find it after all." I retort casually.

"Oh?" He looked mildly interested before turning his attention back on Robin. "Did you think that you could outsmart me by bringing that up? I hate calculating women." He declared lifting a finger to point in Robin's direction.

Robin was then hit by a beam of lightning quicker than the eye could see. Robin started to fall, but Zoro made it way over in time to catch her before she hit the ground.

"Robin!" I cried, going over to her body and dropping my board on the ground, checking to make sure her heart was still beating. After a moment, I sigh in relief, giving Zoro a small signal that she'll be okay.

Zoro gently laid her down on the ground before giving a fierce glare to Eneru. "She's a woman!"

The man laughed slightly. "I can see that."

That was all it took to trigger Zoro. He charged like a raging bull, headed straight for Eneru with two swords drawn. He slashed once he was in range, but Eneru blocked, using his golden bow staff.

"You've got good skills." Eneru analyzes Zoro.

"Are you a nutjob?!" Zoro responds, before swinging his second sword. Eneru gracefully jumps over the second blade.

"Burn Bazooka!" I hear Wyper yell near me, aiming his large weapon at Eneru. After the large explosion of light, Eneru appeared just fine. "C-can't be! He erased the bazooka's powerful fire!" Wyper started to sweat from his predicament.

"You still don't get it do you?" Eneru taunted the warrior. "The energy that you can handle is nothing to me.

"The thunder reverberated. That means the air expanded at the speed of sound. The scale of his energy is on a different level than what a weapon can produce." I explained to Wyper as I stood back up, knowing Robin will be okay. Thanks for the weather knowledge, Nami. It's coming in handy already.