She watched Tate try and stand up, falling twice as he limped over to where she was sitting. He fell into her lap though at the last second but Alex didn't care. He was warm next to her as she laid her head on top of his pressed against her chest. Tate's fingers dug into her jeans as she heard him start to cry. 

She needed to get him to remove her mouth tie though. Alex nudged Tate's head with hers gently and mumbled to him. Tate looked up at her and it took him a minute, but he understood. He raised both hands, tied at his wrists, and pulled down the tie so it hung almost as a necklace on Alex. 

"Tate," Alex breathed out. "Are you okay? Did they hurt you?" 

"W-Where are w-we?" Tate stuttered, his cheeks tear-stained. 

"I don't know," Alex shook her head, swallowing harshly. "Do you remember what happened? How did they get you?" 

"I-I don't know," Tate shook his head. 

"That's okay," Alex's mind was racing. "Just think about it...what were you doing last?" 

Tate looked down at his feet. Alex heard another door slam shut and her heart started to beat faster. She looked back at Tate. 

"Were you with your dad?" Alex asked, trying to help him out.

"No," Tate sighed. "Grandpa." 

"You were with your grandpa?" Alex asked. 

She couldn't imagine John letting anyone take Tate from him. John would be dead for that to happen and it made Alex sick to her stomach. 

"I w-was feeding my horse," Tate said. "At the barn." 

"And your grandpa was with you?" Alex tried to follow. 

"No I was by myself," Tate sniffed. 

They took him from the ranch. Alex tried to force her face to stay calm as Tate was watching her. She nodded her head, trying to give him a small smile. It was short lived though, before the door opened up again. 

"Get the fuck away from her!" A man yelled and Tate screamed. 

"Leave him alone!" Alex cried as the man walked over to them. 

Tate fell as he tried to step away and the man grabbed him. Alex struggled in her chair again as another man walked in. 

"Stop it!" Alex screamed. "Leave him alone!" 

"Shut her up!" The man holding Tate snapped as he walked into another room. 

"Please! Don't!" Alex screamed. "You can't - he's just a little kid!" 

"God you're annoying," The other guy said as he walked over to Alex. 

"Fuck you!" Alex spat and she knew it was a mistake. 

Smack 

Smack 

Alex could taste blood in her mouth as she winced, her eyes slowly opened back up. The man grabbed her throat and tilted her head back. She felt lightheaded all of a sudden, his fingers digging into her skin. 

"I'd listen if I were you," The man hissed. 

Alex gasped, unable to say anything as a ringing in her ear started. She heard screaming from the other room but wasn't sure if it was Tate now or not. The guy shoved her back though and Alex started coughing. Her throat was screaming at her as she tried to catch her breath. 

"Please..." Alex gasped out. "Don't hurt him." 

"I'm more concerned with you," The man reached his hand out and ran it down Alex's front between her breasts.