Oh, Goddess

Writer's Note: Thank you for reading! If you enjoy, please vote and comment! Today's playlist song is Spring Waltz sang by Carla Bruni

------------------------------------------------------------
Reign

I could feel Jace lift me in his arms, bridal style, and carry me to my room. I just couldn't open my eyes, I was exhausted. He gently placed me in my bed, kissed my forehead, and left the room.

I settled comfortably in my comfy mattress and drifted deeper into my slumber.

I was walking through a forest of wheeping willows and Japanese cherry trees. Sparkling embers of light sprinkled through the air, lighting my way. I can hear a waterfall in the distance, cascading down a mountain side. I walk closer into a field of flowers. It smells so amazing. The scents blend into a floral swirl. Lavender, lillies, daffodils, roses, hydrangeas, and so many more scents. But the way they blended, it wasn't overwhelming.

I can see a crystal blue pool, with a waterfall flowing to fill it. The little sparks move like fireflies. I can hear animals moving in the background, but I have no interest in hunting them. I am enthralled by the beauty that I'm surrounded by.

I go to the pool and see an island in the middle. A wolf of the purest silver is laying in a mixture of the petals of the flowers. As I approach, it raises its head and peers at me through pearlescent violet eyes. They shimmer with every twitch.

The wolf rises and is the largest wolf I've ever seen. I watch it shake its body, while its long fur sways in the cool breeze. I am in awe.

As the wolf begins to move, a shimmering light explodes from its form, and a beautiful woman appears but is actually clothed. She is tall, at least 6'1", with long, sweeping silver hair that shimmers. Her figure is slimmer but still voluptuous. She has on a flowing silver dress that illuminates her form for all to see. She is barefoot. I look at her beautiful face. She has porcelain skin, so fair, it is radiant. Her nose is small and upturned a bit. Her smile is captivating. Plump, red rose lips upturned at each corner. I look back to her eyes, and they are the same as the wolf's.

"Welcome, child. I have been waiting for you." She said in a musical voice.

"Hello. Where am I? Who are you?"I ask, confused.

"I am the Moon Goddess, Selene, and you are on God's plain." She answers.

My mouth gapes, and I try to close it, failing miserably. How did I get here? Why was I here?

"All of your questions will be answered, child." She laughs softly.

Did I say that out loud, I ask myself?

"No, but I can hear your thoughts." She says, still smiling. You could get lost in her smile.

Hmm. Well, that settles that.

"You are here because we have much to discuss. You are a child of my direct blood line. A line I created with the God of the Night, Nocturnos. We created your kind because we wanted children, but God's and Goddesses can not bear children. We can, however, create. We mixed a part of our essence with male and female wolf mates, creating the werewolf. As they multiplied and became numerous, packs were formed and territories provided to limit infighting." She informs me.

"So you are the creators? I thought you alone created us." I ask.

"Yes, together, as we are both nocturnal. We get lonely at times and want to watch our children grow and thrive. The wolves from our direct line are given many special gifts. You have already seen some of yours, my child, have you not?" She asks.

"Yes, I can heal others, I'm fast and strong. And it appears that I can also slow others' healing." I reply.

"You will develop more as you come fully into your power. But danger looms near. You must train your powers and evolve into the Alpha Luna you are supposed to be. Your Warrior mate will also increase in power around you, as will your closest circle. You must protect yourself fully." She says.

"What kind of danger? When is it happening?" I ask.

"That I can not reveal. There are trials our children must face on their own. Only that a very powerful clan is our natural enemy. They fail to remember their creators intentions, and only seek power. They believe themselves, superior to all other wolves. They seek to either claim your power or destroy it. Your location is still hidden now, but be aware at all times. You are the last of our line. They will seek you." She says sadly.

I am taken aback by her statement. In shock, I try to formulate a response, but I'm dumbfounded.

Finally, I collect my thoughts and say, "Well, that's shitty!" And she laughs. "Will we be able to defeat them, my Goddess? What do I need to do?"

"Your victory or defeat, I can not reveal. You must trust your instincts and your mate. He will be your greatest ally and weaknesses. You must nurture your bond and trust. He was chosen for you as a perfect balance. Trust in him." She says.

"I understand. Will I see you again?" I ask.

"When needed, child, I will come. Now, awaken from this plain and begin your preparations." She says sweetly as and the surroundings start to evaporate.

I jerk awake with a start. I'm covered in perspiration and breathing heavily. I pull the heavy covers from my body and try to breathe. My door slams open, and Jace burst in.

"Reign! Are you okay? I could hear you in your sleep. Who were you speaking to?" He says in a panick.

"I'm okay, I promise. Calm down. It's fine." I say to calm him.

He stalks over, sits on the bed, and pulls me onto his lap. He buries his head in my chest while wrapping his arms tightly around me.

"Are you sure? I felt your panic through the bond." He asks.

"Yes, let's just say I had a little visit from the Moon Goddess. She brought me to her plain to have an informative conversation. And she is absolutely gorgeous, by the way. But she says a clan is seeking me. She said she could not specify who or when, but they would be seeking me." I tell him.

"Woah, that's heavy. What do we do now?" He asks.

"We prepare. We train, we build our strengths, and you and I build our relationship." I say.

He looks up and smiles. I love his smile and missed having it directed towards me. I lean down and kiss his pouty lips gently, stroking his face.

The kiss started very sweetly but quickly became more passionate. I felt his tongue sweep my lips, and I accepted his advance. He growls deep in his chest, rolling me under him on the bed.

He holds both of my hands above my head, fingers entwined. He places sweet kisses on my eyes, nose, cheeks, and lips again. I run my hands over his chest and pull him closer, capturing his lips.

After a fevered kiss, we separate from each other, both breathing heavily. I start to come back to my senses, and remember, I want to wait at least until I'm ready to be marked. Tomorrow night. Just one more night.