Chapter 4

NORA'S POV

We all went our separate ways after our little introduction, in which they gave me the run down on our dinner schedule.

Apparently one of us cooks each night and makes enough food for everyone, and we all eat together.

It's one of the rules of the school apparently.

I didn't question it. It didn't seem like a bad rule.

It's like we're all one big family sitting down for dinner, where we talk about our days and such.

It seemed pretty fun.

For lunch everyone just made their own food, and ate whenever they wanted.

My roommates had left to go to their afternoon lessons, so I let them be.

I went back to my room whilst looking around it with more detail than I did before, trying to do something to pass the time.

It was then that I realised I had my own computer in my room!

I ran straight towards it to find it unlocked but with a tab open giving me all the details needed to log into my school account and the computer itself.

The perks of going to a rich school is amazing!

As I basked in excitement I made myself come back down to earth for a second, knowing that in a blink of an eye this could all be gone.

I wasn't rich like the rest of these student, or apart of one of the families, whatever they were.

I was alone, and poor. I had myself and that was it.

I could not take advantage of this opportunity.

This is something I would have killed for, and now I've got it I won't allow it to leave my grasp anytime soon.

I will do whatever it takes to keep my place here.

My ears perked up as I heard footsteps and chatter outside my room.

I logged off of my computer after finding my timetable and everything else I needed for tomorrow.

I found my uniform and my sport kit  in my closet already hung up, all of it in the right size which I found a little creepy, but I didn't want to question it.

I looked at the clock that was also on my desk and realised it was 5pm already.

It's probably dinner time.

I stuck my head out of my door to see some of the girls going to sit down at the table in the kitchen area.

I must not have heard them come in, from their lessons. Not that any of them made me aware of their presence.

I silently made my way out of my room as I followed the aroma that made my stomach rumble.

I went red in embarrassment hoping no one heard me as I made my way over to the pots and pans that looked as if they held some food.

I was eager. I love food, and when you're brought up with not a lot of it, you savour every bite.

Anna was cooking tonight from the apron she was wearing.

She took her bowl food and sat down.

It was my turn to get food I thought as I saw everyone else with their food.

I picked up the bowl that was on the counter, that looked as if it was meant for me.

I was so excited, I even knew where I was going to sit.