10

CHAPTER 10

Brynn pulled up at a large house, the first thing I spotted was a Chiron sport it was black with orange lining. I saw a lot of classic cars and cars you'd see a rich teenage girl with.

But the car that really caught my eye was the familiar one. The Chevrolet Corvette in a sleek black.

I was apprehensive about being here. His house was massive, like a castle but had the fields of an Italian vineyard except no one here was Italian.

Large hedges were everywhere and the driveway was covered in small white stones. I sigh. What am I gonna do if this is a trap to get rid of me and her?

"How do I even do this do I just say, 'Hi this is the daughter you don't give a fuck about'? Or just not say anything at all?" I asked.

"He isn't here yet, I'm sure you'll figure out what to say by the time he gets here," she says.

"But... His car is here," I say. "Yes, a driver took him to an important meeting with Father because Heath will be taking over today."

"Has... Has he killed anyone?" I asked. "No, don't be silly!" She said sheepishly. I have the feeling she's lying. Heath is becoming the Boss.

What the hell?

So what will his father do?

"Okay, so when will he be back-" Oh look there they are," She said and pointed to the car that just pulling up into the driveway. My eyes widen.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Fuck.

Brynn gets out of the car. I take in a deep breath. Brynn peeks back in. "I'm just kidding it's just my Father leaving after supervising Heath to see how he goes," she says.

That fucking bitch.

The lump in my throat hurts my heart is beating as if I was about to jump off of a bridge. I pull the door handle to get out of the car then walk to the back door to get Anna out.

I feel bad getting her out because she's sleeping. I unbuckle her and pull her little arms out of the strap before lifting her up slowly and cradling her in my arms.

I rock slowly from side to side so as to not fully disturb her. I gave her a little kiss on the forehead.

The front doors to the house open and out comes at least six girls. Six loud squealing girls.

I sighed. Sorry baby but looks like it's your time to wake up. They circle us and loom over her. They are all in awe as she makes little noises while she sleeps.

I'm guessing they noticed quickly that she was tired.

"She's so tiny."

"She's so cute."

"Oh my god, it's a baby."

"I wanna hold her."

"I wanna hug her."

"I wanna have a baby."

"Can I hold her?"

"Maybe later, she's currently sleeping and is a sook when it comes to strangers," I said with a sympathetic look.

"That's okay, we can wait." Having so many different people hold her might overwhelm her and personally, I want Heath to hold her first.

"She's not famous why are you all crowding her?"

Oh no.

Brynn stop lying to me.

They all looked in his direction. I couldn't see him but he knew I was here because why else would these girls be swooning? One of the younger ones moves out of the way.

Showing me him.

This is the first time he is going to meet her. My gut hurts so much. I don't want him to hurt her. He has a scowl on his face while looking at me as if he's disgusted until his eyes drag down.

His whole face changes dramatically. I can't tell whether he's shocked or his heart just stopped.

He walks away.

I watched him push the front door open as if he was falling through it and then slammed it shut.

Great.

He couldn't even come to say hi to her. Not only that but the sound of the door slamming made Anna jump and start crying from it frightening her.

I sat her up and she looked at me crying. "Aw baby," I said and hushed her softly. The girls gave us space and guided me to the front door where a muscled dog stood guard.

It was a Doberman, your usual mansion guard dog. I could already tell though that he wasn't the only dog here due to there being more than one food bowl.

We enter the house. It smells like... Class. As in fancy not a school. There are flowers in vases, and the floors are dark marble. But as we enter the living room it fades into carpet.

The living room is the size of my house. It has a large TV in front of a massive-looking sofa that is white. The coffee table was a glass one with a dragon stand.

On it was some weird-looking sculpture, a bottle of wine and two glasses. Beside it all was a stack of glass coasters. Massive lighting dangled from the ceiling.

A woman walked inside from the other living room entrance. It was Heath's mother.

She beamed and walked towards us. "You came, you actually came, oh my," She said and hugged Anna and me.

I gave a soft smile and hugged her back using one arm. "I was thinking very hard about it..." I didn't wanna come but I'm doing this for Anna.

Not for me.

"Come come."

"Here, sit down, make yourself at home, our home is your home. I'll go and grab Heath," She says and walks away.

I closed my eyes and inhaled sharply before opening them again and walking over to the sofa where the other girls sat in their own spots.

"So her name is Annaleigh... Does she have our last name?" The one that looks around fifteen asks.

Unfortunately... "Yes," I sighed.

"How old is she?"

"Five months."

"When is her birthday?"

"14th of February."

"You mean Valentine's Day!"

No wonder so many people were posting couples' shit on Anna's Birthday. I didn't even notice it was Valentine's Day, we have never been big celebrators of it.

"I guess."

Anna squeaks to get my concentration. Telling me she is wide awake and wants all of my attention.

"Hi Baby, did you have a good sleep?" I asked and she showed her gums as her lips raised into a happy smile. She kicks her little legs.

The other girls are in awe still.

She leans closer and grabs my face. "Muh... Mah." She's still trying to say Mama and I can't wait for the day she fully says it.

"Heath is an unloveable boy if he doesn't fall in love with her, she's so cute!" One of the girls squealed.

"Doesn't matter what he thinks, she is welcome here anytime," Brynn says.

Anna makes a loud sound again before smacking my boobs like they're drums. My lips turn into a flat line. I make her stand and keep her held up while her little feet press into my thighs as she stomps.

Penelope walks in and sighs. "He wants you upstairs..." I gave her an annoyed look... I didn't wanna be alone with him.

Grow up and be the bigger person in this situation Lily. I stood up and walked up to her.

"He said he doesn't wanna meet her around people," She whispered.