The Masked Singer: Part 4

Start from the beginning

"Just because you couldn't have something doesn't mean you could resort to killing people! You're crazy!" She says, grabbing a piece of plywood next to her and tossing it right at the woman who had turned her attention back to Yena. The strike was right on target, leaving the woman's mask cracked.

"Yah! You just don't know when to quit. Fine, you can die first, but at the hands of your friend here." The woman says before repeating the tune she'd whistled earlier. Yena's body begins to stir at this, eventually getting her to stand up like a puppet. The masked singer then changes melodies, causing the duck to charge her hands, electricity beginning to build up.

"So it seems your partner is a mutant too. It's a shame how you're both going to die. All you had to do was shut your mouths." She sneers.

"Yena, don't do this. Please, it's me, Yuri." The hamster tries to say calmly. The blonde girl slows for a second which forces the masked singer to increase her own volume to take back control.

"Your voice won't beat mine, child!" At another whistle, Yena fires a bolt of electricity that Yuri barely manages to dodge.

"No, you're wrong, and I'll show you why." The idol then turns to Yena again, and takes another deep breath.

"No more holding back..." She thinks before speaking.

"Yena-ya, you're the love of my life, and I know you're somewhere in there. When did you ever let anyone control your actions? I'm not going to fight back because I know you don't want to hurt me!" Yuri says, putting every ounce of sincerity into her words.

"You just signed your death warrant!" The woman replies with a laugh, commanding Yena to deal the finishing blow. Yuri closes her eyes, but the attack never comes. Instead, the duck manages to snap out of her spell and quickly direct a thunder strike from the clouds onto their assailant. When the dust clears, the woman is unconscious with her mask completely shattered.

"Yuri-ya, I am so sorry! Are you okay?" Yena asks after rushing over to her girlfriend who was on the verge of collapsing from blood loss.

"Officer Hwang is gonna kill us, isn't he?" Yuri replies with a chuckle as she sees the damage caused by Yena. She could already hear the sirens approaching from a distance.

"Yah, that's not important right now. We need to get you to a hospital!" The duck responds, tearing off a piece of her shirt and wrapping it around Yuri's wound.

After a few minutes, the police finally arrive, and while officer Hwang did look displeased at the state of the alley, he decides to focus on apprehending the serial killer who was starting to regain consciousness.

"Sorry about the mess, officer. We'll clean it up.' Yena says with an apologetic bow.

"I already received a call from Seunggi. He'll handle it. In the end, I may disagree with your methods, but you do certainly get results." He begrudgingly says, walking back towards his vehicle. As the police begin ushering the masked singer away though, Yuri limps over and stops them.

"I may have a voice-related power, but instead of letting it control me, I've practiced trying to control it instead. Maybe if you tried to do that, you'd learn that you wouldn't have needed to kill anyone." The idol says after some thought. Given that the woman's mouth was being covered though, all Yuri got in response were aggressive grunts.

"Come on, Yul. let's get you some treatment already. You can't show up to your music shows looking like that, you know?" Yena says, pulling the hamster away

"Oh yeah...that reminds me." Yuri pulls out her phone, finally seeing a bunch of missed texts and calls from her manager. She did conveniently forget to inform her company about the surprise busking, and when they find out about this fight, they'll be even more upset.

Project IZ*ONE: Secret FilesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara