.until you see the light.

.not all who wander are lost.

"Oh dear god, what a relief

"Oh dear god, what a relief." A voice yelled, and I was immediately engulfed in a tight hug. Red hair glinted in the murky sunlight that streamed in like water through the curtains. Dark storm clouds boiled in the distance.

I knew almost immediately who held me so tightly. And I couldn't tell if the tightness in my chest was from the strength of her grasp, or from the relief of seeing her again alive and well.

"Lily." I all but sobbed, pulling away to see her face. Her smile was radiant, and she pulled me in for another hug, almost crushing my ribs.

"James, it's Cassiopeia." She gasped. "Thank god it's Cassiopeia. I have never before been so terrified."

I gave her a quizzical look when she finally released me, my eyebrows knitting in confusion.

"Merlin's beard." James laughed, his features softening as he relaxed. "Could you imagine what the alternative would have been like?"

Lily quickly observed my confusion.

"Dumbledore's phoenix just said to expect Mrs. Black. Somehow I always forget that you are also now 'Mrs. Black' and we truly thought Walburga was about to appear in our living room. What a nightmare that would have been."

There was so much joy and warmth in her countenance, I could almost feel the ice surrounding me begin to thaw.

"You're telling me." James muttered as he ran his fingers through his already messy hair.

"Hello, Cassie." He greeted, his smile just as big as his wife's. "Get over here." He wrapped me into an even tighter bear hug.

"You two are safe," I managed to get out once he let me go. "Thank god."

And truly, the relief I felt at seeing them alive was the first positive emotion I had felt since that limp scarf was placed in my hands.

"We are." James nodded vigorously and wrapped his arm around Lily. She shot him a radiant smile. "And from what I understand, we owe that in part to you."

I felt a blush creep up my neck. I didn't deserve any praise or any thanks. If I was a better friend I would have gotten them completely out of harms way.

"You would have done the same for me." I finally said, feeling the hopelessness start to wash over me again.

"Cassie," Lily started, her tone shifted to something careful, cautious. And from the haunted look in her eyes I could tell the pleasantries were over. "Dumbledore told us about Regulus."

Even hearing his name felt like I had been swiftly kicked in the gut. It was as if all the air had been sucked from the room and I was left fighting for anything to fill my lungs.

It took everything inside of me not to sink to my knees and sob. Took all of my willpower not to break into a million tiny pieces right before their faces.