Still Friends...- A Paintloon Friendship One-Shot

Start from the beginning

"I HARM MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU! I STARVE MYSELF BECAUSE OF YOU! MY DEPRESSION GREW WORSE BECAUSE OF YOU!", Balloon confessed.

Balloon was full on crying from pain and hurt. Nobody could say anything as they were left in shock.

Pickle and Pepper wanted to hug Balloon, and just comfort him. Paintbrush wanted to go get all of Balloon's favorite items and just hug him.

Knife, Nickel and Salt just stood there in shock. They didn't think that they had this bad of an impact on Balloon.

"B-Balloon. W-we're sorry.", Paintbrush blurted out.

"S-sorry? Y-your sorry!? After everything you did to me!? You think a simple apology will make my suffering all better!?", Balloon shouted.

"W-well-", Paintbrush started.

"Well duh! You don't deserve that proper apology. You think a silly sob story is going to make us feel sorry for you?", Salt barged in.

Balloon just felt his entire world just come to an end. It was like nothing he did could ever please them! He just couldn't find that happy ending!

"Salt! You don't just say that! Balloon has depression! And we're the cause of it!", Pickle yelled.

"So!? It's not like he's gonna try anything! Nor does he have proof of his so-called 'pain'!", Salt argued back.

"UM HELLO!? DO YOU SEE THESE PILL BOTTLES I'M HOLDING!?", Pickled shouted.

".... You want proof?", Balloon said suddenly.

"Yes. Prove that you're really depressed.", Salt smirked.

"Fine. Pickle. Hand me those pills.", Balloon said.

"Um.. okay? Please don't do anything stupid.", Pickle complied.

Balloon grabs the pills from Pickle. He was going to end it right there. Overdose on the pills right there with an audience.

Before he ate the pills, he pulled up the sleeves of his sweater. Gasps were heard as they saw his arms, littered with hundreds to thousands of cuts.

"Holy-", Pickle started.

"Is this proof enough? All of these scars are from the shithole I call life.", Balloon started.

"I had mentally abusive parents. I was constantly bullied by peers in school. I never experienced happiness!", he yelled.

"The only happiness I had was when.... A special friend was in my life. But then they left! We promised each other we would never forget each other!", he continued.

"And I NEVER forgot them! I wanted to reunite with them so badly! And while we did, they FORGOT me! They broke that promise we made!!", he sobbed more.

"Suitcase was the only other 1 who tried to help! But being here alone with all this hate!? I can't take anymore of this suffering!", he finished.

He opened the pill bottle after his rant. From there, it seemed that everything was set into slow motion.

Balloon poured the pills into his mouth. He didn't count how many, but he counted at least 12. Pickle was the 1st to react and shouted.

Knife soon realized what was going to happen and ran to get OJ. Nickel, Salt and Pepper could only panic as they saw what was happening.

Balloon was coughing and spitting up blood. Pickle was trying to help Balloon any way he could. But nothing was working, Balloon was dying.

Paintbrush could only stay still. They couldn't do anything but eat at their own thoughts. That always nagging feeling they felt when they forgot something was eating at them.