Silent Comfort- A Pickloon One- Shot

Start from the beginning

Balloon had sighed and decided to head back to the hotel. He didn't need to be yelled at by OJ telling him not to be gone long hours.

He just hoped he was off the hook for missing lunch. Dragging his feet to the hotel, he stops in front of the doors. He didn't want to go in.

Not with all the hate and guilt he had been fed there. He sighed once again knowing he had to, since he technically lived there.

So, he opened the door and walked in. He got a few glances and glares, but he took no notice of them.

Balloon just trudged along and went to the kitchen. He was hungry, but he didn't want to eat much. He went to the pantry and grabbed a granola bar.

"Balloon.", OJ said sternly.

Balloon slightly flinched and turned around. There stood OJ looking very unhappy.

"H-hey O-OJ....", Balloon mumbled.

".... You missed lunch.", OJ said.

"I-i know.... I-i'm s-sorry.", Balloon mumbled.

"Whatever. Just be here for lunch next time. Okay?", OJ said.

"I-i'll will. S-sorry again...", Balloon apologized.

"Whatever. You and your petty apologies.", OJ muttered.

Balloon was left alone in the kitchen. He was starting to feel better, but OJ ruined that small spark of happiness. He felt even worse than before.

Balloon sighed and threw the granola bar away. He didn't even eat half of it but lost his appetite. He started walking away to his room when he was pushed by a person.

He fell to the ground hard and made a small squeak. He looked up and saw Salt there laughing. Next to her was Pepper; of course; and Nickel on the other side.

"Oh my god! That was priceless!", Salt laughed.

"I know right!? God he's so weak!", Pepper claimed.

"God! He's so pathetic! I wonder why OJ lets him stay here!", Nickel laughed.

Balloon didn't feel affected by them. Not one bit. He just sat there with a neutral face that screamed depression.

Balloon just got up and just walked away. He ignored every laugh and insult thrown at him. He was just numb to the pain at that point.

He was heading upstairs to his room when we bumped into Pickle. Pickle looked at him with slight anger, but realized it was just Balloon.

"Oh! Hey Balloon!", Pickle greeted.

"Hey...", Balloon muttered.

"Are you okay?", Pickle asked.

Balloon only nodded. He didn't want to worry Pickle, who was his only friend in the hotel. So, he lied so he didn't worry him.

"You know you can talk to me right?", Pickle asked.

"I-i know...", Balloon muttered.

"Hey Pickle. Wanna go play some games?", Knife asked out of nowhere.

"Um. Not right now bud. I kinda wanna hang with Balloon for a bit.", Pickle said.

"With Balloon? Why? He's a manipulator! He hasn't changed his ways! He's just as useless as back then!", Knife argued.

Balloon felt very hurt by Knife's words. He didn't say anything to them and ran off. He heard Pickle and Knife bickering but it slowly faded as he got further away.

He made it to his room, shut the door and cried. He just let out all that hurt he had been holding in that day.

He had changed, right? He wasn't the same useless Balloon from season 1 right? Surely he was better!

All these horrible thoughts came and suffocated Balloon. He wanted to just end it, but didn't want to. All he could do was cry.

Then, there came a knock on the door. Balloon was still crying, but looked up at the door.

"Balloon? You in there bud?", Pickle said from the other side.

" *sniff* Y-yea...", Balloon muttered.

"Can I come in?", Pickle asked.

"S-sure...", Balloon said.

The door opened and there stood Pickle. He came inside and sat next to Balloon. Normally, Pickle would ask questions and they would hang out.

But this was different. And for these times, Pickle said nothing. He understood how hurt Balloon had been, so he just embraced Balloon.

Balloon leaned into Pickle and just sobbed. He sobbed as Pickle did his best to calm Balloon down.

Pickle brushed his fingers through Balloon's hair as he mumbled calming words to Balloon. They sat there in silence as Balloon cried the pain away.

After a good 2 hours, Balloon had calmed down. Pickled had noticed Balloon's soft breathing, which indicated that Balloon had fallen asleep.

Knowing Balloon, Pickle picked him up and placed him on his bed. Pickle also sat on Balloon's bed and adjusted themselves into a somewhat cuddling position.

Balloon hugged Pickle's waist in his sleep as Pickle continued to stroke through his hair. Balloon's breathing was still soft, but Pickle found this calming.

As Balloon slept, Pickle couldn't help but smile and blush. He had grown a crush on the salmon hair boy.

Pickle wanted to confess, but for now, he was okay being Balloon's comfort pillow. Pickle felt himself grow tired. So, he let sleep consume him.

Both boys had insomnia, so Pickle knew the two of them would wake in the middle of the night. Which was fine by them.

But for now, they both would sleep now. Embraced in each other's presence.

.

.

.

*END*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well~

That was so good~!

Why didn't Mangy post this~?!

And to think she as others like this in her Google Docs!

Should I post another of Mangy's Google one-shots she made?

Let me know!!

Now.

Balloon was pretty depressed there. 

Almost makes me feel bad.

*chuckles* 

Sorry for the late night one-shot.

Time got away from me today.

See you tomorrow~!

*static*

*static end*

-Glitch