She looked at Will and smiled.

“My sons are amazing,” she said. “They will keep you safe.”

She looked around the room and furrowed her eyebrows.

“Where are the Caruso boys?” she asked.

“Alex thought it would be best if you met Sophia without them here,” Will said as he closed the front door. “They will join us for dinner.”

Mrs. Ferrara nodded and looked at Luke. She reached out for him and he approached her. She pulled him into a tight hug.

“My baby,” she said, rubbing his back gently.

“I am 25 years old, mom,” Luke sighed. “I am not a baby.”

His mom rolled her eyes and shook her head.

“You will always be my baby,” she said, making me smile a little. “Even when you are fifty.”

Luke sighed and let go of his mom. She smiled at him and looked at Damien. I expected him to let go of me, but he didn’t.

“Hi, mom,” he said. “I’m glad to see you.”

“I missed you, kid,” she said. “You never come home anymore.”

“I’m busy, Mom,” he said, pressing me closer to him.

I looked up at him and furrowed my eyebrows a little.

“I know, honey,” his mom said. “I’m glad we will get to spend some time with each other now.”

Damien smiled and nodded.

“Are you hungry, mom?” Will asked as he started walking toward the kitchen. “The dinner should be ready soon.”

His mom nodded and followed behind him. I wanted to follow them, but Damien stopped me.

“Do you want to go to Alex and Eli?” he asked quietly.

I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows. He bent down and kissed my forehead.

“I can tell that you are nervous, sweetie,” he said softly. “You can go to them if you want. You will join us for dinner.”

I looked toward the kitchen.

“Will…,” I spoke, but Damien interrupted me

“He will understand, sweetie,” Damien said. “Don’t worry about him.”

I studied Damien’s face for a moment. He smiled and caressed my cheek.

“Okay,” I said and he gave me a small nod.

“Go, sweetie,” he said, placing another kiss on my forehead. “I will come and get you so we can all eat dinner together.”

I nodded and Damien moved his arms. I walked away, glancing back at him. He kept a small smile on his face, but something seemed off. I saw nervousness in his eyes.

I finally reached Alex’s office and I knocked softly.

“Come in,” Eli said.

I opened the door and I felt my body relax as soon as I saw Alex. He furrowed his eyebrows a little when he saw me.

“Baby?” he called me as he stood up and started approaching me. “Is everything okay?”

I closed the door and walked into his open arms.

“Yes,” I said quietly. “I met their mom.”

Alex kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back gently. I relaxed even more.

“Did she do or say something, honey?” Eli asked. “We didn’t expect you here so soon.”

I looked at Eli and shook my head.

“She was nice,” I said. “Damien noticed I was a bit nervous and he told me to come here. He will come get us when the dinner is done.”

Eli nodded and gave me a small smile. He patted the empty spot next to him.

“Come here, honey,” he said softly. “I would like to show you something.”

Alex let me go and I approached Eli. I sat down next to him and he wrapped an arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder and took a deep breath.

“I found some photos of our mom,” Eli said as he kissed my temple. “Would you like to see them?”

I looked at the photo album on his lap and nodded. Eli tightened his hold on me and I relaxed even more. I didn’t know what it was about Alex and him, but I felt most at home when I was with them. I felt safest when I was with them. Maybe it was because they were the first ones who showed me kindness. I wasn’t sure, but I didn’t want the feeling to stop.

They were my home and I didn’t want to lose my home.