double-cross

Violets POV

My hand held the handle of my knife tightly, the cold steel numbing to the palm of my hand. My eyes remained fixed on her. Not for a second would I allow the racing of mind to become visible not until I had it under control. She moved closer to me and I instinctively jumped back. She sighed softly, placing the glass of water down on the table in front of me, my gaze remained glued on her every move. She walked back over to the kitchen, her back to me as I remained silent.

"I'm not going to hurt you Violet" She commented as she turned to look back at me. In a singular calculated motion, my knife had gone from being in my hand to being airborne, hurling towards her. My knife grazed her left ear, embedding itself into the wall behind her

"How do you know my name?" I uttered.

"Because you aren't the first King I have known," she replied.

"Who are you, And what do you want from me?" I muttered, my eyes locked onto her.

"I want to help you Violet. You have to understand that" She replied, her voice sounding sincere as her gaze softened.

"Who are you?" I repeated.

"Bianca Antonov." She replied, her subtle Russian accent ringing within my ears. Memories of pictures of pictures in Axel's office resurfaced in my mind–the pictures of a young girl with blonde curly hair. My jaw clenched

"Your his sister" I stated, my voice coming out barely above a whisper

"Unfortunately" she uttered as she began stepping closer to me. My mind was clouded with memories of past events, and I could still feel his poisonous touch on my thigh.

"I'm sorry about what has happened to you but he is no brother of mine,I hate him," Bianca muttered as her gaze flickered to the ground.

"But you aren't the only one he has hurt, and you won't be the last" she explained, her gaze returning to me. My eyes danced around her face, noticing the scar that ran down the side of her neck, a scar concealed with makeup but still visible to me.

"How do you know me?" I asked. "I know your name from somewhere. I heard somebody say it" I muttered.

"Leo, he was my friend, he helped me more than I could have ever imagined. I ran away from Roman when I was 14, Roman has always been an abusive asshole but after he killed our parents I ran. I ended up in Italy in school with him but he found me. He faked my death and ever since I have been trying to plan a way to escape him" Bianca stated, her voice filled with melancholy as she relieved every one of her own words. My heart ached for her, the pain she had lived with was horrific.

"Bec..." I whispered. "Bec mentioned you," I uttered, A small smile tugging at Bianca's lips.

"I'm sure you realise by now that there's a lot Axel has lied to you about," Bianca said as she sat at the end of the couch.

"I'm fairly certain Axel isn't his name," I replied.

"Roman" She confirmed as she let go of a deep sigh. "He was the one who threatened you, who threatened your family" She stated as her gaze watched me. 

"And I fell right into his fucking hands" I bitterly remarked as I rubbed my eyebrows harshly. How could I be so stupid? 

"It's all been his plan to get you here, to get you alone. He will make you his, but revenge is heavily on his mind—to get revenge on all the people that have crossed him, and all those men are at the centre of your life." Bianca stated.

"Leo," I muttered, my heart aching knowing he was in danger.

"Not only Leo but Malik too for ruining his weapon operations, and well without Malik in the picture, it makes it easier to get to you." Bianca explained, sending shivers down my spine.