truth

I swallowed the lump in my throat as I let out a deep sigh.

"Did somebody do this?" Michaelo asked gently, my father squeezed my hand gently.

I mean is it not obvious? I couldn't exactly break my own ribs.

I nodded, not taking my eyes off my hands. I began pulling on the bandage wrapped around my hand.

"Did Robert and Emily do this?" Victor asked. Taking over from Michaelo.

I nodded looking up to my Father watching his jaw clench.

"You are doing so good," My Father whispered, kissing the crown of my head.

"Did anybody else hurt you?" Michaelo asked, narrowing his eyes slightly.

"Leave me alone!" I sobbed as Jay held tightly on my ankles dragging me towards my ruined bedroom. I tried to rip his hand from my ankle as his hold on me only grew. I made a last ditch effort looking at Emily who sat on the couch with a beer bottle in her hand, she rolled her eyes, it was stupid to think she would ever help me.

He threw me on the hard floor in my room. I quickly scrambled to my feet but my shaky knees made me unable to stand. I backed away towards the wall as Jay's cruel smile grew.

"I'm so much nicer to you than your dad aren't I?" Jay smirked, running his hand over my cheek, tears streaming down my face.

I shut my eyes tightly trying to rid my mind from experiencing that memory all over again, I took a deep shaky breath in.

I shook my head slightly clenching my jaw hoping they believe my lie. they cant know about that, they will think I'm disgusting.

Some say the biggest blessing is others seeing you for how you see yourself; that is my greatest nightmare.

I looked up and noticed Victor's eyes narrow slightly as he looked intensely at me.

"Violet you're not in trouble" Michaelo paused " but did you take medication for the pain? Prescription medication?" Michaelo asked, it was clear he already knew the answer so I couldn't lie, at least not about this.

I nodded quickly picking at my fingernails.

"Was it a prescription given to you?" Michaelo asked while flipping through the pages in the clipboard.

I shook my head, keeping my eyes on my hands. I felt ashamed for the majority of my past, I felt ashamed of the things I had to do in order to survive.

"Okay Violet this is the last question; Did either of them touch you, or do something inappropriate to you?" Michaelo asked, making my heart skip a beat as my eyes grew wide.

I looked at Victor and my Father with tears blurring my eyes while biting the inside of my lip.

I nodded gently, taking my eyes away from all of them, looking out the window as the trees swayed slightly in the wind. I kept my eyes glued on the trees as I heard my Fathers breath hitch and Victor's hand pull away from mine.

"I'm sorry" I whispered as I looked towards them, Victor's face held so much sorrow as his eyebrows furrowed. My Father looked numb, his eyes twitched slightly as he closed his eyes and inhaled a deep breath as if trying to compose himself.

"Baby you have nothing to apologise for" My Father whispered as he gently pulled my head to his chest. "Nobody will ever hurt you again." he rubbed my back as I sobbed into his chest.

I pulled away from my Fathers chest as the tears stopped rolling down my face.I smiled weakly at my Father as he brushed the hair that slightly covered my eyes.