Chapter 52 - Arcana

Start from the beginning

"Fufufu it seems thinks are better than I thought." Velzard walked towards Rimuru with Rain.

"I don't know what you mean," Rimuru feigned ignorance, he then turned to Rain. "Thanks for the help Rain-tan! I can't believe Runa could make weather type attacks like that."

"Hahaha... Actually I didn't teach her that," Rain laughed bitterly while she scratched her cheek.

Rimuru turned to Velzard, who shook her head showing that she didn't teach her either.

"Was it self taught then?" Rimuru looked at Runa.

"A-actually it was self taught Rimuru-sama, however I did have a reference for it." Runa explained. "Have you heard of the new True Dragon, Rimuru-sama?"

"True dragon? New? There's a new one!?" Rimuru turned to the two with him right now.

"Oh, you must mean Veldora!" Velgrynd said as she recalls the name of the newly born little brother.

"Yes, he is the Storm Dragon after all. It makes sense that's where you got your inspiration from." Velzard nodded her head at Runa.

"Where is he now? I want to meet him." Rimuru exclamied excited to see a new True Dragon. Maybe I could test my strength at this new one, the other True Dragon are still a tiny bit unreasonable for me.

"Actually..." Velzard turned away as she heard Rimuru's words.

Rimuru was confused by this gesture, did he say anything wrong?

"Is something the matter?"

"He's currently dead," Velgrynd sighed as she looks at Velard with tired eyes.

"Dead!?" Rimuru shouted shock, "Did Guy kill him? I doubt there's anyone here that can kill a True Dragon except for someone on the level of Guy." Heck even Guy doing it is impressive in itself.

"A fellow True Dragon can." Rain answered. "it was.. No one! I'm just kidding here hahaha.."

Rain felt her body froze for half a second under the gaze of Velzard. Even with her natural affinity for water and ice, she couldn't resist the True Dragon's menacing aura.

"It should be obvious with that." Velgrynd gestured pointing at Velzard who was glaring at the shrinking Rain.

"I see," Rimuru nodded, "I won't ask anymore."

After that interaction. He returned to Citadel to continue his ever-growing work.

"Lord Rimuru, we bring some unfortunate news. It seems, the soul fragment that we have located that belongs to My Lord is being stolen from different universes."

Apollyon explained as he place five different folders on Rimuru's desk.

"We have had five cases of Lord Rimuru's fragments, and they have all been stolen before we could retrieve them."

"Is it because we were too late? Did they get away because they were actively hunting them?" Rimuru questioned as he tried to thing of any reason as to why would they steal his soul fragments.

"We have not yet gotten any potential lead as to why. We do hypothesize that they do indeed actively hunt for these specific souls."

Rimuru sighed and leaned on his chair. He's in deep thought with this current dilemma.

Is this why Citadel hasn't found any fragments for the last couple of hundred years?

Rimuru grabbed one of the folders and began reading through them.

"Are there only five incidents so far?"

"With evidence, we currently have five." Apollyon paused for a bit before continuing. "Mitzrael believes that the other incidents where some subordinates are eliminated to be connected here as well."