Just by looking at the perfectly cooked steak, the sight of red meat makes my stomach sluggish and I put a hand over my mouth, hoping I do not vomit in front of everyone. Meat has made me ill ever since the beginning, but finding out that I was eating human flesh, I dare not eat anything like it after that. Marcel and everyone else in the room notice my discomforting expression at my plate of food and show concern for me. "What is the matter, Sina? Are you not feeling well?"

My hands are shaky from inner turmoil as I remember how Aziel treated me like some kind of animal. I cannot look at any kind of meat the same way after all of that. I then take my hand away from my face and look at Marcel. "I... cannot eat meat. It makes me sick."

Suddenly, Marcel slams his hand on the table, nearly giving the King a panic attack during his meal, and points at the young servant with great hostility. "How inconsiderate of you for serving meat to the future queen! You deserve to be locked up!"

The servant, in distress, desperately gets on her knees and begs for mercy next to Marcel. "Please forgive me! I will gladly bring her something else!"

This poor servant has no intention of hurting me and knowing Marcel has gone too far, I stand up from my chair. "Marcel, none of this is her fault. My uneasiness with meat is something that I never bring up to anyone, so please stop this."

Marcel clenches his jaw at me, then looks down at the servant who is already in tears. "Very well, then. Go bring her a new dish. NOW!"

The frightened servant gets back on her feet and scurries over to snatch my plate, then walks out of the dining room. The room is now completely silent as King Fritz enjoys his breakfast, and I gaze down at the table to ignore everything around me. The King obviously has no interest in me except for my looks and refuses to strike up a conversation, which is fine by me. Marcel, on the other hand, attempts to get me talking and I only respond to him bluntly.

The servant returns with fresh porridge topped with herbs and I quietly eat my meal. This is my first meal in a while and that first bite definitely hits the spot. When King Fritz and I finish our breakfast, he yawns loudly. "I would like to take a nap on my throne, Marcel."

"Sure, Your Highness." Marcel bows, then looks over at one of the servants. "Please escort him to his throne."

"Yes, sir." Then, the servant is off with the King and now, I am the only person left in this room with Marcel.

"Ah, it's noon. Would you like to join me for some tea?" Marcel invites me. "Perhaps we could take a walk in our royal garden."

I find it odd that he wants to spend quality time with me, and for a moment, I think hardly on the offer.

"I know you have a lot on your mind," Marcel adds. "But I will be very grateful for any amount of time you can spare for me."

With a deep sigh, I finally agree to it. "Sure, I will join you for some tea."

"Excellent." Marcel smiles. Not long after, he offers me a winter coat before escorting me out to the royal garden and as we walk together through the melting snow, I notice a stunning outdoor seating in the middle of the garden. As we take a seat, a servant shows up in thin air and greets us with a bow.

"How might I be of assistance, Lady Sina?" she says to me, then looks over at Marcel. "Oh, my apologies sir! I did not see you there."

"Be at ease, I'd prefer to spend this time alone with Sina. Please, fetch us a set of tea at your convenience." Marcel orders her.