13

"Are you really the titan's child?" Erwin asked me again and I was afraid to answer. What does he know about the titan's child?

"Commander Erwin." the officer calls him, breaking his attention from me. "Are you forgetting that she is a serious criminal? Our job was to have her arrested for her crime, remember?"

Erwin remained silent and so did the people around us.

"As uninformed about the state of affairs within the walls as you are, even you must've heard of the titan's child." the officer himself glares at Erwin. "If you understand, then hand over that criminal."

I have met a cruel fate that I've been forced into and Erwin looks guilty for some unknown reason. Mike walks up to Erwin and places a hand on his shoulder. "Commander, if we let her stay with us, the Survey Corps will gain a bad reputation. We must hand her over."

"Get out of his damn ears, Mike! We're not turning her in!" Levi steps into the argument, but I grab onto his cape to drag him back. Perhaps the reason why he is acting this way is because he is aware of my past.

"Oh, how selfish of you." The officer somehow finds it amusing, but since it's about me, I wouldn't let the water flow his way.

"I refuse."

We all turn to Erwin, who seems to have finally spoken up and the officer raises a brow at him in confusion. "Come again?"

"I refuse to hand Sina Vogel over to the Military Police," Erwin speaks calmly, trying to handle this situation in a professional way possible. His stubbornness made the officer clench his teeth in anger. "You are not allowed to refuse, Commander Erwin."

"And who said that?" Erwin fired back, causing the officer to search for words so helplessly. "I believe Sina is not a threat to humanity, so I would like to request something."

"Are you trying to make this more difficult than ever, Commander!?"

"I do not wish to get myself involved in this mess anymore," Erwin tells him with a hint of anger in his tone of voice. "But in exchange, I would like to have Sina Vogel join the Survey Corps."

"Have you lost your mind, Erwin?" Mike shouted and I paused as to what Erwin had just said. Holding my breath, I was surprised and didn't know how to react. I was speechless at this point.

"Erwin!" Levi screams his name, trying to grab his attention. "What are you fucking saying!?"

"Levi, please." Erwin indirectly tells him to be quiet and Levi has to respect his decisions. When did he become this obedient? "She just proved her worth to us and I am only doing this to save her. Please understand."

Levi did not say another word after that and the officer blew up.

"FINE! YOU SURVEY CORPS ARE NOTHING COMPARED TO THE MILITARY POLICE!" he screams, nearly frightening the crowd around us. "YOU WILL REGRET THIS, ERWIN SMITH! I HOPE YOU AND THE SURVEY CORPS WILL FALL INTO THE HANDS OF TITANS AS WE SERVE THE GREAT KING!"

"Yeah, I'd rather die a hero rather than wipe the King's ass," Mike whispered to himself.

Within seconds, the Military Police takes off and I finally catch my breath, then let out a long sigh of relief.

"It's over now, Sina." Erwin was smiling down at me. "You're free from your crimes, so don't mind it anymore."

"Thank you..." I bow my head respectfully, hoping I would return a favor to him one day.

"Aside from that, you acted very bravely. I see great potential within you." Maybe that's the reason why he wants me to join the Survey Corps.

"Erwin, may I have a word with her?" Levi requests to have a conversation with me and I have a feeling it is going to turn out bad.