(Chapter - 3) Rest

(Y/n pov):

Its been 5 days I think since I started working here again. Its been nice I've been observing people who are here and I think soon they would let me interrogate Ajax which is good.

Yesterday night I spent my time reading about some cases and I also finally know when everyone takes a break and when they come back. But right now I'm very exhausted and I really need to rest a little. I haven't slept well this whole week and I'm also having a bad headache.

"Did you not sleep yesterday?" I heard someone whisper in my ear, in an instinct i pushed them away and realized it was Heizou I felt my face heat up slightly and said.

"What the hell??" I glared at him tiredly.

"Oh sorry I didn't mean to startle you like that" he smirked. "But you didn't answer my question."

"Uhm.. Yes I didn't sleep yesterday. Does that bothers you?"

"Oh if that's the case then why don't you take rest? Don't worry I'll take care of your work." He said to me smiling.

"Oh no need I'll be fine."

"You wont be you have eye bags under your eyes and you look like you'll pass out any moment."

Now I was kind of questioning if I should take rest or not. Well Maybe I should. He was not wrong about the me passing out thing. "Fine. Wake me up before lunch."

"Sure."

Right after he said that I rested my head on the table and slept.

______________________________________________

I felt myself waking up after a while I won't lie this was the best sleep I've had this whole week. But my shoulder hurts a little from sleeping on my desk.But I do think I should give Heizou a thank you gift or something for this. after all he did my work for me. I slowly woke up by rubbing my eyes and that's when Heizou bought a cup of coffee for me and told me it was 6:54.

After seeing the coffee I was touched but when he told me the time my eyes widened and I asked him why he didn't wake me up and he just said that I looked peaceful when I was sleeping and that he didn't want to disturb me.

"Okay fine but my work? Don't tell me you completed all that on your own.." I asked slightly guilty.

"Yes I did complete it but don't worry it wasn't that hard." He gave me a soft smile.

"But you look so tired.." I said concerned.

"That's how I always look like in the evening."

"Okay, okay, then I'll make it upto you tomorrow! I'll do all your work tomorrow."

"No need take this as a gift for newly joining as my partner."

"But.."

"No buts" He shushed me by putting his index finger on my lips. I first stared at his finger and then looked at him, I felt you face heat up for some reason.

He then took away his finger and from my face and I just stared at him. He chuckled at my reaction and I looked at him confused.

"Okay fine. I will not help you tomorrow then." I said slightly annoyed.

"Good. Well you need to go back home soon right? Do you want me to drop you there?"

"No need I bought my car with me I'll go back on my own."

"Oh ok then." He said slightly looking sad.

I hummed in response and packed up my things to get ready to leave. After packing up things I bid him goodbye and left.

_______________________________________________

I need to get Ajax out of that place soon. I have only 2 weeks time left and I already wasted almost a week observing people. I think I should try and talk to him tomorrow.

Ajax in the Fatui was better known as Childe and I was friends with him as my father liked him a lot for some reasons. But, I think if I need to have a talk with Childe I need to make sure no one knows that we know each other. From what I've heard child is in prison because he is a suspect for some murder. They still don't know that he is from Fatui which is good it would make if easier for me to get him out.

I think to talk to him I need to turn off the cameras for some time and then turn them back on and act like I don't know anything. It would be suspicious if the whole time I talk to him the camera would be off so I should set a timer for it to be off. It won't be that hard to do something like that so I wont have any trouble I believe.

For now I'll sleep again as I'm still very tired with my shoulder pain.

__________________________________________________

I wake up early today at 5 am and decide to get ready. I first go brush my teeth and take a bath. After taking a bath I change my cloths and go down to make something to eat. I decide to make some cereal and ate that.

I checked time and it said it was 7:13. I decided to rest a little and started scrolling on Instagram. Then I decided to finally plan out when to talk to Childe.

After a lot of thinking i decided to talk to him during the time when the camera workers are on break and but I will need to ask Ms.Sara permission to interrogate him first so I'll do that first.

I looked at time and it was almost time for me to leave so I packed my things and left to go.

___________________________________________________

Right after reaching Tenryou Commission I went to my table and greeted Heizou Good morning to which he also greeted me good morning. Then I went Ms.Sara and asked her permission to which she gladly agreed to. I guess being a favourite really does have its perks.

I then went to my office and waited till break then i sneaked into the camera rooms and made the advancement so they would stop on the time when I decided to talk to Childe. Now I just have to wait and hope for the best.

___________________________________________________

I love you bbgrill <3

___________________________________________________