𝐕𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐬

2 0 1 7
"Fuck you, David."

"Really? That's all you have to say?", David answers annoyed with his little brother.

Cole just shows him the finger and walks out of the abandoned building.

Opening the door causes a shiver to run through his bones, the cold air hitting him right in the face.
He lits  a cigarette, which is shaking in his hand.
He doesn't know if it's from the cold or the anger.

If his parents caught him smoking, his mother would probably hit him on the head but the seventeen year old didn't really care about that now.

"Stupid older brother. You know everything better, huh? Mister Perfect.", he angrily stomps his foot into the ground.

-*-

The day started out good.

Their Dad called David and him into his office.

"What did want to talk about old man?", Cole asks and David rolls his eyes.

His little brother  has been really bratty and disrespectful lately and it was getting on his nerves.
Robert doesn't  mind Cole's words because he knew that the teenage phase wouldn't last much longer.

And if he was honest, he was much worse at that age.

"Frank was on the look out yesterday and he saw the leader of the Badgers.", David looks at his father in surprise while Cole just looks at both of them in complete confusion.

"Is that like a dog club?"

"I thought that he was dead?", both brothers speak at the same time.

"What?", David looks at the seventeen year old who just shrugs his shoulders.

"Don't look at me like that! What kind of dumb name is the Badgers?", David shakes his head, turning back to his father.

"To answer your questions, it's a well known Gang but they disappeared a few years ago.
No one knew what happened so most assumed that their leader was dead.
But as I said Frank saw them yesterday and followed them into an abandoned warehouse.", Cole looks at his Dad, squinting his eyes.

"And what has that to do with us?", Robert smiles at his second oldest son.

"I want you both of you to check out the warehouse and gather some information.".

To say that his sons reaction were different would be an understatement.

Cole was almost falling out of his chair with excitement, his brooding mood gone. It would be his first mission after all.

David on the other hand was not happy about this news.
He didn't think that his brother was ready for such a mission, of course he had the abilities that were needed.
They've been trained in combat from a young age and shooting came at the age of sixteen.

But mentally his brother was not ready and if he was honest he didn't want to take him with him either.
Their relationship was a bit strained, their little age gap and Cole's attitude causing a lot of arguments between the two brothers.