𝐈𝐈𝐈. 𝐅𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐢𝐦𝐞 𝐁𝐢𝐠 𝐁𝐫𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

1 9 9 8

Six year old David was patiently waiting outside of the hospital room with his grandma, playing with his Gameboy.

He didn't know exactly why they were in a hospital.

Grammy said that his brother was coming but why was he coming from a hospital, he didn't really understand.

But he was super excited to meet his new brother.

He would play with him and teach him everything he knew and that was a lot.

Suddenly the door opened and his father stepped outside.
"You guys can come in.", he told them before crouching down in front of his oldest son.

"You're ready to meet your brother, champ?", David nodded, taking his father's hand.

His Mother was smiling at them and David walked over to her.

"Say hi to your brother, baby. His name is Cole.", David looked at the small baby in his mother's arms.

"Can I touch him?", he asks.

"Yes, but very gently."

David reached out and gently stroked his tiny hand.

Cole moved his hand feeling the touch.

"Hi Cole I'm your big brother David.
We're gonna have soo much fun together."

"Why does he have dark hair?", David was confused why his brother didn't look like him.

"I think he just looks a bit more like Mommy don't you think?", his Dad said and David nodded.

People always said that he looked like his Daddy.

"Do you want to hold him?", his mother asked and his father hoisted him up on the bed where his Mom gently lay Cole in his arms.

"You have to support his head.", his Daddy helped him a bit.

"Your such a good big brother.", Mommy gave him a kiss.

"He's heavy.", David's words made all of them laugh.

2 0 0 1

This time they weren't waiting in the hospital.

One morning David stumbled out of bed and went into Cole's room to see if he was already awake.

The younger one was rubbing his eyes and David let out a laugh at his wild hair.

"Good morning, Bubba.", David greeted his little brother.

Hand in hand they went downstairs to the smell of pancakes.

"Grammy?", David asks confused but happy that their grandma was here.

"Oh you're two are already awake. Good morning."

Cole let go of David's hand running to their grandma.

"Hello, sweetie.", she picked him up and continued to flip the pancakes.

"Where are Mommy and Daddy?", David asked her.

"They are coming home soon. Your brothers decided to come in the night.", she explained to him.

David nodded he knew where babies were coming from now.

Out of the Mommy's belly, really weird.

A few hours later the three of them were playing a game when the front door opened.