Chapter 34

Jenna pulled into the driveway and got out of her car. Tonight had been one of the best and worst nights she'd had in a while. She was glad she had the next five days off. Noelle had a doctor's appointment in the morning, and then there was nothing to fill her schedule.  She needed some time to think this whole thing through with Daniel.  

Jenna had visualized seeing him again over and over in her mind.  Never had she visualized him not even remembering her, and then proceeding to hit on her while with his girlfriend.  What if that was his mate?  She stopped on the porch for a moment as she felt like throwing up.  If he had a mate and was hitting on Jenna.. no.  She had to just be a girlfriend.  

Jenna hurried into the house.  She was letting her thoughts run away with her.  She needed to see Noelle. Holding her little one in her arms just made everything better.

Tyler was sitting on the couch, watching TV and giving Noelle a bottle.  Between Tyler and her father, Jenna had to fight with them to hold her own child.

Mitch looked up from the island, where he was cutting up vegetables for a late dinner. "You're home early. Everything okay?"

Jenna flashed him a tired smile. "All good. Tammy offered to close for me, and I'm really exhausted, so I agreed."

Tyler shut the TV off and walked over to the island, setting the bottle down.

Mitch washed his hands, then took his granddaughter into his arms. He tossed a cloth over his shoulder, then placed Noelle up against the cloth and began to gently pat her back.

"Jenna? Close your eyes and hold out your hand," Tyler smiled at her.

Jenna looked at him suspiciously but did as he asked. She felt him place a piece of thick paper in her hands.

"Open your eyes."

She opened them and looked down to see a plane ticket.  She looked at the destination. "New York City! Tomorrow?" She looked up at Tyler in shock.

He smiled at her. "I'm going to another seminar. Thought you might like to come with me since you're off the next few days."

"Oh my gosh Tyler! Yes of course!" She screeched, throwing her arms around him, then stopped. "What about Noelle?"

"Oh I think me and this little lady will be just fine here by ourselves." Mitch laughed as his granddaughter produced a loud belch. "We'll throw wild parties and get our nails done." He kissed her on her soft head.

"You're sure, Daddy?"

He nodded and Jenna threw herself back into Tyler's arms. "Yes, I'll go!"

He laughed, catching her. "Go get packed. We'll be back Wednesday."

Jenna headed up to her room for a quick shower before dinner. Her night had just gotten so much better. She was definitely going to try to find Talia. She slipped off her apron, dropping it on her bed, then pulled the money out. She wanted to take it to the bank tomorrow before she left.

She counted it quickly, then frowned and counted it again. There was over a thousand dollars there. She sat down hard on her bed, then her eyes caught the business card on the floor. She picked it up and flipped it over.

Remington Enterprises

Daniel Remington

CEO

She hadn't even realized he'd given her his business card, she'd been so surprised he'd asked her to call him. Of course, he'd have to provide his number.  She shoved the thoughts aside and hurried into the bathroom to take her shower. She had plenty of time to over analyze Daniel later.