𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟖

Start from the beginning

They were insanely close, due to everyone on the couch.

Connor says something to Alex, making him immediately smirk. It now makes me wonder what he said.

"Hey, sunshine." Chase puts his arm around the back of the couch, making his muscles show a little bit more, which was insanely attractive.

"Daniella!" My mom yelled from upstairs. She finally came back yesterday but dad remained, gone.

"Good luck." Levi goes to give me a 'good luck fist bump.' But I ignored it. "It can't be anything bad, I've been an angel this week." I said kindly.

"You hit me with a plastic bowl because I took your fry.. you're not an angel, sunshine." Chase spoke.

"Okay, and you always want to be taking my food. You deserved it." I admitted, and started going upstairs.

"Yes, mama?" I entered her room softly. "Come, sit." She patted the spot in front of her. "I'm not going to be mad, Mia cara." She said a little to softly.

"What happened with Matt?" She gave me a serious look, telling me I better not say 'nothing'.

"He was just being really rude, mom." I honestly admitted. "In what ways?" Her thick Italian accent showing more.

"He tried to rape me, I'm sorry I didn't tell you, I was going to but you were just never home." Tears fill the brim of my eyes.

"Oh, Tesoro. I'm so sorry I haven't been here, I promise I'll be here from now on." She gave me a big hug, squeezing me tight.

"Mom, why hasn't dad been around?" I asked since it's been on my mind, since forever. "He uh... We uhm divorced." She choked out.

"What, why?" I say, shocked. "He cheated. But it's okay.. it was going to happen sooner or later." She played with my hair as a distraction.

"Well.. I moved my job to online, so hopefully I will be around more, I love you. Go hang out with your friends." She kissed my temple, patting my back.

"I love you to mom." Once I leave her room, the tears start pouring out. I slowly slide down the wall, bringing my knees to my chest.

A few sobs slipped out.

"Dani levi said- Shit Dani what happened." Chase comes around the corner, "N-Nothing." I stuttered. "Obviously something happened, you don't have to tell me. But are you okay?" He asked, crouching down.

"I'm okay.." I spit out, He wrapped his arms around my waist, picking me up off the floor. "Oh, dani.." he started, wrapping his arms tightly around my waist.

I cry into his chest for what seems like forever.

"Do you want to talk about it?" He asked me. "It's nothing serious. I'm good, just overreacting." I sniffle.

"Okay.." He seemed unsure.

"Do you want to wait a little while before going back down?" He said, as we were still in a hugging position.

I nodded my head, softly.

"Okay ill go tell them, I'll meet you in your room?" Once I gave him a nod, he left downstairs.

I walk slowly to my room.

After 5 or so minutes, he comes into my room. "Do you want to talk about anything?" He plopped on my bed beside me.

"Not really... how's Mrs.Hartz." I loved his mom, she was so sweet, caring, and understanding. "Oh, she's doing good. She misses you." He said with a small smile.

"I bet." I chuckle.

After that it's just pure silence.

"Read any new books?" He broke the silence, "Yeah, it's this new book called 'Love and other words.' I'm not that far into it, buts it's a really cute book so far" I smile.