Do you get déjà vu ?

Start from the beginning

Amaia grinned and raised an eyebrow. "Oh, you're going to play like this, huh? And since when are you familiar with Cha-Cha's vocabulary ? "

Bada leaned in, her heart skipping a beat "What if I do? And maybe I did my research"

"Well, you did mention you hate being caught off-guard" Amaia could not help but bring-up, not blushing, for once. It did seem to have the desired effect, the older girl biting her lip for a split second. Amaia emphasized her point. "And well, if you intend on it, it's actually 'Med-yah Luna" She playfully exaggerated her Spanish accent, eliciting laughter from both of them. "And at least I'm innovative, dancing cha-cha on my own."

Bada nodded in agreement, conceding the point. "True, I did wonder if some of those steps were meant to be danced with a partner."

Amaia defended her style with a smile. "It is, but hey, I gotta adapt, and I still looked good. So, I'll take it as a win."

Bada saw an opportunity and seized it. "You'll have to teach me then". The invitation hung in the air, and Amaia couldn't help but feel a rush of adrenaline.

"Hummm, we'll see after your all-gender choreography. Otherwise, if you add it, it will be a sure win for you. You have to work for it," teased Amaia, her heart beating faster with each passing minutes she kept staring at the other girl.

Bada laughed heartily. "Fair enough. I'll be sure to remind you."

As the evening sun began to set outside, Bada checked the time on her phone. "Wow, time flew by. Should we head out?"

"Sure, otherwise Kirsten will go full-on overprotective sister mode with me."

"Haha, I get it. I'm the same with Tatter, so I can't blame her. I'm walking you back this time though." Bada insisted, remembering how guilty she felt last time she let the other girl walk home on her own.

"It's fi-"

"Don't even try." Bada cut her off with a grin.

They strolled together through the city streets, chatting and laughing along the way. Eventually, they arrived at Amaia's hotel. They stood under the soft glow of the lobby's lights, reluctant to say goodbye.

Bada broke the silence. "I had a great time tonight, Amaia. Thanks for hanging out with me."

Amaia smiled warmly, her heart fluttering. "Likewise, Bada. Let's do it again when I'm back."

They exchanged a lingering gaze, neither of them making a move. Bada couldn't resist the urge any longer and lowered herself to plant a quick kiss on Amaia's cheek. "Keep me updated about your adventures in New Zealand," Amaia nodded, unable to find her voice and knowing she'd let out a squeal if she tried to answer. She turned back into the hotel, almost running to debrief Audrey.

____________________________

As she walked away from the hotel, Bada's mind started to wander. She would miss her, even for a week. The thought hit her like a ton of bricks. She would miss her. How had it come to this? She had only known her for a week at best. She couldn't be falling for her, she wondered, bewildered. Yet Tatter's voice echoed in her head "You've never been like this with someone. If it had been purely physical we would all know". She shook her head, trying to ignore how the thought of Amaia being away for a week felt like a painful pinch at her heart. For once, her emotions felt crystal clear.

She wanted to take her out to the outdoorsy places of Seoul, far from the claustrophobia of LA. She yearned to invite her to dinner on her terrace, to watch calmly the city skyline. She longed for her to teach her ballroom dances, finally allowing some proximity  between them. She wanted and wanted and wanted. She almost felt out of breath, unable to understand how fast her mind was spiraling. It was as though she had finally allowed herself to open a door of possibilities, and it was impossible to turn back now. All the what-if that had plagued her at night, immediately countered by "she'll be there for competition only", "she only sees me as an inspiration at best", "we could never work out on in the long-run run, just for the competition", seemed nonexistent now.

When Tatter opened the door, she didn't seem surprised to find her leader in such a confused state. Instead, she simply shook her head, as if silently acknowledging that this moment was inevitable, and then embraced her friend. "You're allowed to have feelings, you know?" she said with a comforting tone.

Bada managed a small, somewhat sad smile. "You know me, Tatter. I do love being the dramaqueen." She looked into Tatter's eyes, appreciating her friend's understanding.

Tatter maintained her steady gaze and asked, "Did you have a good time at least?"

Bada's smile grew warmer as she recalled the evening. "I did," she admitted.

-------------------------------

So as you guys can tell, this story is taking a bit of a "she fell first but she fell harder"  turn. I thought it was about time Bada, at least, stopped dancing around her emotions. Hope you guys enjoy it !  I thought it could be nice to put some distance and see what comes out of it, as both will probably have the time to reflect a bit. Hopefully I have put enough tension between the two of them so the story still feels fluid and not forced  ! I'll wait a bit for your recommendations on what you would like to see, as I feel like i could many ways now :)