The call

Guys i have been looking on LOOP at thirst traps of bada on tiktok, its getting WORRYING.

The story is happening during Street woman fighter 2, don't mind if all the names are not correct, and for easier writing purpose, the original character (someone's gotta feed my deluluness) will be a member of Jam Republic, taking the place of Emma (I LOVE her but I need the character to be the rookie!). Enjoy the reading : )

________________________

UPDATE : Chapters 1 ("The call") to 25 ("Home run") follow the storyline of SWF2 !

UPDATE 2 : you can now jump to chapter « Lights Out » if you want to skip the SWF2 storyline and read one-shots sort of chapters :)You can also drop some request/ideas for the one-shots :)

UPDATE 3 : warning chapter "loud and Clear" has smut, but all safe sound and consensual ofcccc

________________________

Amaia was stressed. In a matter of 2 months, she had encountered opportunities she never imagined facing. She had moved to the US a year ago after completing her engineering degree. Her parents had insisted she obtain a diploma before pursuing her more artistic interests. She had fulfilled their wishes, made great friends along the way, earned some money, and was living with her parents while working various jobs. She had been ready for a year-long break in which she would allow herself to explore all the opportunities related to her passion: dancing. She was privileged to attend studio classes and masterlasses in Europe during each break, with her parents fully supporting her as she remained focused on her studies.

During this explorative gap year, she had relocated to LA to attend the best classes, improve her technique, and practice dance every single day. That year had been a dream, but as it came to an end and summer approached, she started to worry about her future. She couldn't see herself going back to an office job, nor could she imagine not dancing every day. All those worries vanished when her best friend Audrey texted her. She had met Audrey and Kaycee at a dance class and they had bonded after being stuck in a parking lot due to literal floods blocking their way back home. They ended up back in the studio in the late hours, finding an open class and jamming for a few hours. Exhausted, they parted ways, making sure they would see each other soon. Since then, they had been pretty much inseparable.

Audrey and Kaycee were already pretty well-known faces and dancers in the LA community, and Amaia was super grateful she was lucky enough to tag along to some of their most famous events, such as the Jackson Wong concert in Coachella. She had helped her friends practice, sometimes assisting them when they gave masterclasses, and was super happy that they brought her along, as it could only mean getting more and more inspired by different artists.

And now, she was staring at her screen dumbfounded. Audrey had sent her a text, and she barely had the time to read it that her best friend was calling her.

"GIRLLLLL"

"Audrey, you're bursting my ears, chill out."

"CHILL OUT ??? TF ??? Girl, you have NO clue what this opportunity could be for you, you literally have nothing to lose Amaia PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE". "Calm down Audrey," answered Amaia, "literally, I have not even said no yet-"

"It will be super fun, we have a crew and we'll do some battles and duets, and Group choreo!" Audrey was not listening anymore, fully ranting. "Even professionally for you, it's the best way to get the exposure you deserve!! You gotta showcase your style !! You can simply learn from other artists because I know how much this matters to you! It's literally the reason you came to LA in the first place!"

"-Audrey CALM DOWN," but Audrey was too far gone."And a lot of things are paid for, so there is really not a single good reason you could give me for not joining!!"

Amaia mentally sighed, not even believing she was considering it. "Audrey, let me stop you. How are you even in touch with those other teammates and who even are they?" A nervous chuckle answered her, and she knew that it could only mean something crazy.

"About that, do you know Kirsten and Ling from the royal dance family maybe?"

Amaia thought she was gonna faint for a split second. "If I heard you right Audrey, I will PASS OUT. SHUT UP. I am literally gonna hang up. What the actual fuck is going on?" She could hear Audrey laughing

"Look they reached out through my agent, we came across each other a lot, and they have been looking for potential teammates to represent my agency JAM REPUBLIC. The team need to have very complementary styles and we must all bring different vibes." Amaia interrupted her friend once again.

"OK well I see why they reached out to you, but what the fuck would I even bring to the group that includes KIRSTEN?? Audrey !? Stop laughing I'm being serious," Amaia was starting to lose her patience.

"Ok, you are going to listen to me now, I promise I'm calm," said Audrey. "You have a lot of Latin dances and ballroom experience, which literally none of us have, and you have great technique in all the different styles, so you wouldn't be lagging behind. That's exactly the last profile they were looking for, so I told them I would look into it and help them find their final prodigy. And I thought from the very first second of you. Amaia, you've been by Kayce and my side the entire year, you are such a hard-worker and a team player, literally you are the reason we could practice so much and nail our big career moment, I would have never been at Coachella if you had not helped us not only train but also morally. And listen, worst case we get eliminated in the first round, no one remembers us, and we have a free vacation in Seoul, and we can spend a great time together! Please consider this genuinely. I am not asking you because you're my friend, but because of your talent and personality."

"I'll think about it," murmured Amaia, feeling emotional after Audrey's speech, "thank you for believing in me Audrey."

"That's the thing girl, you've been behind everyone's back for a year, it's time I am at your side now, you deserve it and we can only grow from there."

"You're right," Amaia said. "It's time I don't overthink everything but follow my intuition."

"Does that mean you're in?"

"I'll think about it."

"OMG THAT MEAN YOU'RE IN YESSSS I KNOW SO you FUCKING WELL WE'RE GOING TO SEOUL BABYYYYYYY" squealed Audrey.

"I'll call you back."

"No, you won't. It's settled, I already gave your name to the girls, they loved your profile and energy and recognized you from some videos in LA."

"WHATTTTT."

"Too late to regret, bye bestieeeeee I'll call you soon with all the info."

And on that, Audrey hung up. Amaia was going to murder the little shit. Her bestie sure but a little shit still. Guess she better start packing for Seoul then.

___________________________________________________________________________

Notes : I'm a sucker for context and slow burn so bear with me, this story will be published entirely but it won't be a matter of a few chapters.