Different strategies - Part 1

2 big chapters coming in, relying on Tatter and Amaia's new friendship. Let me know if you can see what direction is the story taking !

--------------------------------------------------

The girls only had the afternoon left to rehearse the final choreography before it would be filmed on the next morning. Amaia had a part that allowed her to showcase her style and moves, and she tried not to be annoying during rehearsal to maintain a good relationship with Capri.

The entire day had been quite exhausting, but she was still on cloud nine after her lunchtime interaction with Bada. On the topic, Tatter approached her during one of their water breaks.

Tatter approached Amaia. "How are you feeling?" she asked, her eyes filled with genuine concern.

Amaia wiped some sweat from her brow and replied with a tired but content smile, "Great, but I can't wait for the day to be over; I'm really tired."

Tatter chuckled "Hang in there, girl. Don't worry; it will pay off tomorrow."

Amaia's eyes sparkled with excitement. "I can't wait to see the location and outfits we'll have!"

Tatter nodded, sharing her enthusiasm. "Same!". She then asked Amaia "Btw, do you want to grab some bubble tea on our way out?"

Amaia's face broke into a bright smile "Yes, sure! Where are you staying at so we can find a place not too far?"

Tatter explained, "Bada decided we should stay in an Airbnb of a friend's so that we would all stick together throughout the competition and not have to commute home every day."

Amaia nodded thoughtfully. "Makes sense. In which district are you?"

Tatter replied, "Pretty close to the city center. Let me check how far it is from your hotel."

Tatter looked up their location on a map and said "Oh that's amazing ! Seems like we are two blocks away from each other, we can find a spot halfway!" Amaia couldn't help but feel grateful. "That's great," she said. "This way, we don't have to waste too much time going home."

Tatter agreed wholeheartedly. "Amazing! Let me know when you're back at your hotel and ready to go out!"

Amaia assured her, "Perfect, I won't take long, just enough time for a quick shower."

Tatter had one more idea. "Sounds great! Let me add you on Instagram so we can talk more easily and I can send you the exact location". Amaia's phone pinged with a new follower notification, and she added Tatter back immediately.

The rest of the day went by smoothly, and Amaia met up with her team on their way back to the hotel for a debrief on how the rehearsals were going.

Audrey shared her experience. "Mannequeen has given me a lot of center position moments, so I'd say it's going quite well. Ling also has some moments, but overall, the girls from Mannequeen are taking a lot of time dedicated to their duo. Since we have the most members out of all the classes, I don't think filming day will go that well because some people will definitely feel left out and scared for their spot."

Latrice jumped in "Well, if you think you've been able to secure some screen time, that's great!"

Audrey and Ling exchanged a knowing look, both hopeful and cautious about the upcoming day. "Yeah, hopefully there is no unexpected twist tomorrow," they said in unison.

Kirsten turned to Latrice with a curious expression. "How about you, Latrice? How's it going?"

Latrice sighed, a hint of frustration in her voice. "Redlic is being quite difficult to work with. She complains a lot, doesn't like when I go over some choreography, and seems to be talking a lot of nonsense behind my back. Of course, it's not being translated, so I can't really tell for sure."

Kirsten sympathized with her. "Oh, that sucks. Don't pay too much attention to her. Choreo-wise, how far along are you?". Latrice responded, "I have a good half of it." Kirsten immediately understood. "So you're missing the formation?".

Latrice nodded. "Yeah, basically. I have a duo with Lusher, who is, on the other hand, quite a sweetheart, easy to work with, and very talented. So that's settled for sure." 

Kirsten offered her help. "Alright, then I'll help you out tonight to figure out the rest of the formation. Don't worry." Ling jumped in, showing her support. "Same here. I can help you visualize some formations as a backup dancer."

Latrice gratefully accepted their assistance. "That'd be great, thank you, girls. I am a little bit out of my depth in this challenge because I really want to make sure everyone likes the project, but some of the girls are really playing kind of strategic moves, which is throwing me off."

Amaia turned to Audrey "What about you, Audrey? Do you have any plans tonight? I'm grabbing bubble tea with Tatter if you want to join!". She added, mindful to apologize to Latrice : "Btw, I am sorry, Latrice, for not being able to help with the choreo. I don't feel like canceling last minute. I can go home earlier to help you with the combo if you need."

Latrice, understanding the situation, reassured her, "Enjoy your break, girl. I've gathered that your day was quite rough in terms of learning as well."

Amaia sighed and replied laughing a bit, recalling the chaotic rehearsal she had "Yeah, Capri is very sweet but super chaotic and disorganized, and she keeps on forgetting what she's supposed to teach us."

Audrey, who had not forgotten about Amaia's earlier interaction with Bada during lunch, did not miss a bezt "Wait wait wait, you're going for a drink with Tatter ?". Kirsten seemed to have waited for the opportunity to speak out : "Ah, see! I told you, fraternizing with the enemy!". Amaia could tell she was laughing though. Latrice, unaware of the lunch conversation, asked what happened.

Kirsten immediately answered : "Well our rookie seemed have a nice chat with Bada, and she was oddly complimenting you. Not that you didn't deserve the praise for your dancing Amaia, but given how competitive and professional she is, it's surprising. And now you're grabbing tea with Tatter?" scoffed the leadert.

Amaia replied: "Girls, chill out. It's not like we were revealing each other's secret skills and betraying our teams. We just happen to be in the same boat of struggling, and she's very nice. Besides, it's not that deep that Bada talked to me at lunch." She rolled her eyes, emphasizing the lack of seriousness.

Kirsten, however, remained cautious. "Alright, well, stay cautious. I wouldn't want it to be a weird strategy of theirs. They do seem to be one of the most serious competitors and not interested in any drama. But I wouldn't take any chances until we are sure we won't be battling them at the end of the week."

Amaia laughed it off and decided to leave the conversation there "Ok Moms got it!". She headed for the shower, texting Tatter, "Meet you there in 30 minutes?". Tatter replied almost instantly, "Perfect!! See you!"

---------------------------------------------------

Please vote or comment if you like the story so far! And thank you for everyone who has expressed feedback already ! :))))