Sisterhood - Part 1

OMG ! Thank you for the support you guys have shown me, you are the sweetest ! Here is a little tea chapter to keep you waiting and because I LOVE some leaders leadering moments. I'll publish again super soon I swear!

------------------------------------------------------

A soft knock echoed on the team room's door, and Tatter, who hadn't been expecting anyone, hesitated briefly before calling out, "Come in." To her surprise, Bada's familiar long-sleeved shirt slipped through the doorframe.

"Bada?"

Bada's voice, soft and uncertain, broke the silence in the room. "Can we talk?"

Tatter replied, "Sure, what is it?" she didn't really know what to expect. Bada had made a few attempts to recomfort her on their bench right after her disastrous performance, but she hadn't been ready to face her again, especially as she expected her to be quite mad. However, Bada's eyes were strangely swollen and red. She sat down next to Tatter, keeping an odd distance between the two of them, looking everywhere but at her.

"Is everything alright?" Tatter asked, genuine concern in her voice.

Bada replied, "I should be the one asking you that"

Tatter braced herself for a lecture. "Look, Bada, if you came here to tell me that I need to train harder and not finish until I've mastered this move with my eyes closed, trust me, I know. I will get back to practicing in 10 minutes; I swear, I just needed a break."

"No, no, no, you're getting me wrong. I don't want to talk to you about that. I mean, I do, but I think I owe you an apology." Bada quickly clarified, looking panicked for a second before her expression shifted to one of genuine remorse. Tatter didn't answer, so she took it as her sign to continue.

"I realize I haven't been myself during this mission, and since the beginning of the competition, actually. I've been claiming that I wanted everyone to see us as a team of equals, yet I've been acting as if I knew better than all of you," Bada confessed.

"You didn't! Don't be so hard on yourself." Tatter tried to comfort her, yet wondered where this conversation was headed.

"So you're going to tell me I'm not the reason why Lusher was crying? That I didn't stress you out during practice? Listen for a second; I need to get this out, I think."

"OK, OK, go ahead."

"What I'm trying to say is that since the competition started, I got too stressed out and thought I needed to handle things differently, to be a better leader, for us to win. Instead, we've had our worst performance as a group, and I've been monopolizing every single opportunity when it came to individual battles." Bada kept going "I wish I could go back in time but I can't. So, from now on, I'll try to start over again and just stick to my usual self so that it feels like we're just back dancing in the studio together."

Tatter felt a pang of empathy for Bada, realizing the immense pressure she had placed on herself.

"Oh, Bada, you just have told us you were too stressed about this. No one minded you taking leadership like this. It's just that we didn't recognize you, and it was obvious we were all not having as much fun as we could have been doing. But it's all good; no one's mad at you. We still had great moments so far".

As Tatter spoke those words, Bada's smile faded, and she seemed on the verge of tears once more. "I am so sorry," she began before her voice cracked, and she started crying. "Especially as I wasn't there for you when you didn't feel great today, and the distance I put between me and the others probably just made it worse."

Tatter felt her own emotions welling up, mirroring Bada's pained face. "Bada, it's OK." Tatter took a deep breath. "I just personally felt so out of my depth here. You can't be responsible for that. I couldn't seem to do anything right today, and worst, I can't seem to make it better."