Chapter 53 - FISH: Fried or Foe?

"How do you think their meeting's going?"

      Cislo quieries, his worrisome nature seeping through his words. Unlike him, whose always looking out for his friends and more of an idealist than an optimist, Barbara has the utmost confidence in both her bosses, and the thought of either one of them making a mistake is completely out of her mental capacity.

"Of course it is. The Boss and Bossette organized it, after all. They don't do mistakes. They're like, pretty much perfect. Aren't they, Vince?"

      She swings her slab of bastard meat around as she talks, just barely missing Cislo's head. Vincent, the baldy, sighs and shakes his head.

"Though it is unlikely, it isn't impossible. There speaking, I do not doubt the Boss or Margaret in the slightest."

      While Baldy would like to keep talking, given that no one ever considers him into a conversation and he at times feels a bit lonely, he's interrupted by the knock of a door. Wait, make that two knocks. No, wait, make it 5. The culprit opens the door without permission.

"N/N-"

     The culprit, who has a big head of pop-ginger hair, freezes in the door frame. Her eyes fall upon all four people in the room: Ciz, Barb, Baldy, and Zaz.

    Barbara turns her head around and looks at Vincent.

"Who are they?"

    Vincent lifts his glasses up to the top of his nose with the touch of the edge of his finger, ready to explain, when once again he's interrupted by Culprit.

"Oh!"

    Ray places himself in front of her, not wanting their first impressions to be ruined by Emma's clueless personality.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Ray."

"And I'm Emma! We come from shelter BO6-32!"

"They're the escapees that joined in with us yesterday."

     Vincent finally says. Barbara's eyes light up and she jumps off the couch, giving Cislo more space to stretch out his legs.

"Oh yeah! Grace Shield!"

"Grace Field."

"Whatever,  Vince."

    She skips towards Emma, flaunting her slab of meat in her face.

"Wanna bite?"

   She offers to her. Emma stares at it, sweat dripping down her forehead as these new people are making her nervous. She's got a screw loose, Ray thinks.

"Erh, no thanks."

     He forces a grin. The meat smells like raw tuna. Emma either doesn't notice or doesn't care.

"I'm good for now! Uhm, excuse me, where's N/-Where's Margaret? We'd like to talk-"

"The Bossette is out of the office right now. Out on some urgent business."

     Cislo informs her as he gazes up at the ceiling. He imagines the stars on it and how the Bossette would gaze at them before redirecting his eyes and instead looking at the ginger and the raven, or as they put it, Emma and Ray.

"Well, is f/N here?"

"F/N? Oh, you mean the Bossette? She went with the Boss on a special mission."

"Oh, thank you. Then we'll come back later."

"Hold up a second,"

      Barbara shouts before they leave. The two turn to look at her, and she smiles at them in return, taking a bite of the meat.