Chapter 42 - Big Mouth

"Come on."

      The light-haired man orders into the radio, raising his gun, then directing it forward.

"Dispose of them, leave not a single one alive."

"Yes, Sir!"

       The several armed men respond as they rush to battle. Their bodies and heads protected by black uniforms, guns and goggles while they knowingly ruin the lives of over 60 children whose faces they do not know, and names they do not care for.

"Human bastards."

       I mutter, holding weepy-little Chris safe in my arms. Luckily, we managed to gather and hide all us children into the weaponry, which is safe and hidden. I didn't even know this room was here, but it makes since since I've only been here less than a week.

"Are you all okay? Is everyone here?"

      Emma asks quietly, her arms around Dominic. He looks more angry than frightened, really. Besides me I can hear Jemima's silent sniffles, but Ray comforts her so she stays set. Ray responds to Emma's question, and his warm breath brushes past my head. 

He's really tall. I already knew there was a difference in height between us, but having him so close feels like having it shoved in my face.

       "I just counted."

He tells her.

      "There's 61 of us, and everyone is here except for Hayato and Lucas."

He moves slightly, and his shoulder bumps into my face. Although it doesn't hurt much, I still instinctively whisper-yell ouch.

"Sorry."

      He mutters under his breath.

"How did the Ratri clan find this place? We were being so careful."

Zack asks behind me. I hadn't even noticed he was there, I guess I was mainly focusing on Ray, you know, because he's holding Jemima. Poor Jemima.

      "I don't know."

Pepe answers. Pepe was supposed to be our lookout right now, I don't know how they managed to get past him.

"We didn't overlook them. Hayato and I were watching constantly."

       He assures us, as if reading my inner thoughts,

"But nothing was on any of the screens, everything was fine!! But they suddenly-"

"Calm down."

      Oliver comforts him. Pepe runs his hands through his hair, clenching his eyes hard shut.

Did the attackers weave through the blind spots of the camera? But how?

"Deep breaths, Pepe. How many of them are there?"

     I interrogate the panicked boy, patting his head as if he were a child. He looks up at me with a questionable expression, but responds nonetheless.

"Eight, I think."

"Eight men..."

       Yugo mumbles in the background. I look down at Pepe and continue to ask questions until I get my answers.

"Is Hayato with Lucas?"

"Yeah. Since Lucas can't move well, he went to assist. The two of them are in the secret room. They won't be found there."