𝙱𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝙽𝚎𝚠𝚜

Start from the beginning

Lavanya:
Bro, I study at the 'DU(University of Delhi)'. You're the one peasant here. But I'm so happy that you are continuing your studies. Now maybe you'll get a degree in "Dipshittery" or "Diplo-matic" (Just kidding... or am I?) but I am really happy. I was not expecting that you'd change your mind.

Aryan:
Me neither. But this was the only way to stay away from home and my dad's endless lectures. Plus, it's distance learning, so I don't even have to deal with going to college. Just take the annual exams and get the degree.

Lavanya:
Hey, since you've decided to stay in Delhi, if you want, I can help you find a job.

Aryan:
You don't need to. I've already found one. It's a night shift, but for the time being, it's fine with me until I find another job.

Aryan:
Hey, by the way, how's your roommate? Is she still giving "Welcome to Hell" vibes every day?

Lavanya:
Hey, she is really a nice girl. She just has some anger issues. I had a little problem adjusting in the beginning but now we are really good friends.

Aryan:
Really! The last time I messaged to have a little chit-chat she just blocked me. I am not really sure if I can trust you that she is a nice girl.

Lavanya:
Blocked? Ouch, that's cold! She is like this. She doesn't like to fool around. She is just a straightforward girl. I guess maybe you start liking her in the future when you get to know more about her.

Aryan:
Fair enough, I'll give her a chance. Who knows, maybe she'll be the one to tame this wild stallion!

Lavanya:
Okay, stop bragging. Are you coming on the Goa trip that we are planning for December? Aparna is ready, only you're left.

Aryan:
Earlier things have been tight. You know how my father cut me off and didn't even let Mom lend a hand. But now I've started earning so count me in!

Lavanya:
You know if you ever need a hand, we've got your back.

Aryan:
I know... Okay, good night Lav, talk to you tomorrow my eyelids are drooping.

Lavanya:
Sleep well. Good night.

●○●

13 August 2017

Dear Gaurav,

I'm finding it quite odd to start this letter with "Dear". I'm only addressing you with "Dear" because, well, it's the standard letter-opening protocol, but you know I'm not really the "Dear" type.

I am penning down this letter because your phone's been playing hide-and-seek for five whole days now. And Mom and Dad? They've gone from mildly concerned to full-blown panic mode.

I tried to reassure them, saying you probably just needed a break from your rigorous soldier duties, and you're out there somewhere with your girlfriend, (I really don't know who is she. Can you at least tell me her name? Or if you're gay I completely understand. I had a little doubt when you used to ignore the girls running behind you in school) and to keep the peace (and silence), you've hit the "off" switch on that phone of yours.

But, you know our parents; they turn everything into a soap opera. Dad even attempted to contact your regiment, but no response there, and Mom? Let's just say her worry levels are off the charts. So, here I am, forced into being the responsible one (again!). I am forced to inquire about you.

I attempted to reach out to the authorities in Delhi regarding your situation, but their response has been somewhat frustrating. They simply mentioned that the lack of communication might be due to network-related issues.