C H A P T E R - 0 3

"You and I... are not the same... there's a difference, a difference, and.. a difference..."

⁕ 𝖠𝗋𝗒𝖺𝗇 𝖳𝗁𝖺𝗄𝗎𝗋 ⁕

"Wait, are you sure you sent me to the right place?" I squinted at Google Maps, baffled, and then glanced at the imposing building before me. "Because I'm currently standing in front of Vasant Kunj Police Station."

"Oh, absolutely. That's the place. She got herself arrested for slapping an on-duty police inspector."

What the heck? My brain felt like it just hit a brick wall. People usually scatter at the mere mention of the police, and she went ahead and slapped an officer on duty! Now I'm starting to worry about setting foot inside the police station.

"So what the hell am I supposed to do?" I scowled, my confusion deepening. "Just waltz inside and tell the police officer, 'Hey, Police Uncle, I know the girl who slapped you. We're sort of buddies, so could you let her off the hook, pretty please?'"

Lavanya shook her head, clearly annoyed. "No, you dipshit. She's already got her lawyer handling things inside. You just need to go and sign as a witness for her bail."

I scratched my head, still trying to wrap my mind around the situation. "Are you absolutely sure that Sarah isn't secretly a criminal mastermind?" I had to ask because this whole ordeal was seriously making me question things.

"Should I go sign the stamp paper for that!?" she said sarcastically before breaking into a chuckle.

Sarah had been at a bar when the police decided to crash the party. And well, she had indulged in a few too many drinks. When the cops tried to haul her into their van, she decided to give an on-duty inspector a good old-fashioned slap.

Now, here's the twist: Sarah is Rich, like Richie Rich kind of rich. So, the police didn't exactly file any major charges against her. 

Her family lives in Jaipur, and they aren't high on her contact list, thanks to their strained relations, so no calls to Mommy and Daddy about her predicament. 

She only got one phone call at the police station, so she rang up her lawyer, who in turn called Lavanya. But Lavanya was busy gallivanting with Vihan in Chandigarh, so they passed the hot potato to yours truly Aryan Thakur.

"Alright, I'll brave the lions' den just because you're my friend."

"Thank you so much, Thakur! I promise Sarah will owe you big time for this. Okay, bye," she chirped before ending the video call.

(I think this song suits perfectly❤️)

With a deep sigh, I stepped into the police station.

After completing all the necessary paperwork, the SHO (Station House Officer) issued the order to release Sarah from the cell. She was still pretty tipsy, but damn, she looked stunning. I mean, she was wearing those green cargo pants and that white Crop Bustier Shirt Neck Corset Sleeveless top.

And before you ask how I know anything about women's clothing, let's just say I'm pretty well-versed in a lot of things!