Bubbles

Hahaha, I'm making you wait for the angsty chapter next. Also bc I wanted to end this on a cliffhanger, soooo :DDD
Idk, next chapter will be the worse, like the worst out of all of this
And have fun waiting 1-2 weeks for that

Etho's Perspective-

I smiled softly as I got out of my mother's car.

She drove off and I looked at the Clocker's shop.

I walked in, smiled and waved to Bdubs's father, who was helping a customer, and I walked upstairs.

I turned the corner and saw that Bdubs's door open.

His window was also open, which he was leaning out of, blowing bubbles.

"Bubbles?"

Bdubs jumped and turned around.

"What did you say?" He whispered.

"Er- Bubbles."

Bdubs narrowed his eyes.

"Why are you saying that?" He asked.

"Er- what do you mean?"

"Bubbles. You're taking a bit fast, don't you think? If you want me back so badly, don't rush into things."

"I- I didn't mean- "

Bdubs scoffed, "Didn't mean to? I'm sure you did. Scar was right, you do have a plan."

Bdubs walked up to me and smacked my face.

"You made me feel like nothing. I fucking hate you, get out. LEAVE."

-

Etho gasped as he woke up on Saturday.

Bdubs was back at school yesterday and they made plans to hang out at Bdubs's place.

Etho took a deep breath as he got ready and walked outside.

He decided to take a jog, and as he jogged across the street, he passed a tiny playground where kids were flying kites and one kid was blowing bubbles.

They floated over to Etho, who ran faster, trying to forget his dream.

I don't have a plan. I just want to be with you, Bdubs.

Etho took a deep breath as he kept jogging, but he then heard a kid shout,

"Hey mister!"

Etho stopped and turned around.

The little boy who was blowing bubbles smiled and ran up to Etho.

"Can you blow bubbles with me?" The kid asked, handing Etho another bottle of bubbles.

"Oh, er..."

"Please? My sister just wants to fly kites." The kid said bitterly, looking on the verge of tears.

Since Etho didn't want to cause a kid to cry, he agreed to.

He walked over to the park with the little boy, who was running and giggling.

The boy started to blow bubbles, and Etho took off his mask to blow bubbles as well.

"Mister, why do you wear a mask?" The little boy asked.

Etho shrugged.

"Is it because you're hiding something about yourself?"

Etho's eyes widened.

How does a little boy know that?

"How old are you?" Etho asked.

"Eight." The boy replied.

Etho nodded, narrowing his eyes.

"So why do you wear a mask? Do you not like something about yourself?" The boy asked.

Etho shrugged, dipping the star shaped want into the bubble juice before blowing bubbles throw it.

"You could say that." He said.

The little boy nodded and then blew a bubble.

"I used to drink this stuff." He said after a second.

Etho stared at him before cracking up.

I forgot how fun kids are.

"Mike! Do you want a turn at flying a kite?"

The kid looked over at a guy who was covered in scars and holding a kite from a little girl.

Mike shook his head, "I'm blowing bubbles with my new friend!"

The guy in scars squinted.

"Wait, Etho?" He asked.

"Scar?"