Always There For Me

Scar's Perspective-

"We have to hang out a lot this summer!" Grian said cheerfully.

Scar chuckled, "Yeah, definitely! Just...not at my place."

"Your parents still fighting?"

Scar sighed, "Sadly. It gets worse every day."

"Oh, Scar, I'm so sorry."

"It's okay, I'll be alright."

"You should come over for a sleepover, get you away from all that shouting."

"I would love that, but I don't wanna leave Bdubs."

"Maybe I could invite both of you! Well...I don't know if my house can fit that many people. I have a bunkbed so that can fit one of you..."

"It's fine, G, don't worry about it."

"But- "

"I'm fine. I appreciate you trying, but I don't think it'll work."

Grian sighed, "Fine. But I'm going to come over to your house later."

"I look forward to it."

They then hung up and Scar sighed as he laid back in his bed.

He smiled as he thought about how he didn't have to work today, but he had else to really do.

I still have half an hour until Grian comes over... Scar thought, looking at the clock.

"Kay, I'm gonna go down to the shop and check up on Bdubs." Scar's father called.

"Wait! Don't use that apron, it's messy." Scar's mother said, following him.

"It's fine."

"No, it's not. Wear the other one."

"This one's fine."

"No, it's not."

Scar grumbled, covering his ears as he could tell another argument was about to happen.

Scar started humming a song as he tried to ignore the muffled yelling.

Eventually it stopped, and Scar heard his father walk downstairs and his mother sigh.

"Is it over?" Scar asked, poking his head out of his door.

His mother smiled weakly as she kissed her son's forehead, "Yes, it's over. I'm sorry about that, sweetie."

"I would say it's alright, but it's been getting on my nerves."

"I'm sure it would get on my nerves as well if I were you."

Scar smiled weakly.

"Oh, and Grian's coming over." Scar said.

His mother nodded, patting his back, "That's perfectly fine dear, Grian's always welcome."

-

Scar smiled and blushed as his crush walked into his room.

"Hey Scar!" Grian smiled, hugging Scar.

Scar hugged back.

"So how're you doing? Got any plans for the summer?" Grian asked, breaking apart from their embrace.

Grian was a year younger than Scar, who was starting 10th grade, so Grian might have a couple classes with Scar's younger brother, Bdubs.

"Nothing really." Scar said, leaning back in his beanbag and putting his hands behind his head, "Just trying to pass the time and ignore my parents bickering." He said bitterly, rolling his eyes.

Grian nodded, looking a bit concerned.

"Well, you could always come to my house." Grian said and Scar smiled weakly.

"Thanks, G. But like I said, I can't leave Bdubs."

"Why?"

"We have to stick together. Mom loves me, and dad loves him, but dad doesn't love me, and mom doesn't love him."

"So wouldn't it be better if your parents get a divorce, and you live with your mother?"

"Yeah...probably."

Scar then sighed as he got up, "Let's go play some video games, I don't really wanna talk about this anymore."

Grian nodded, following his crush, "Okay."

"And thanks." Scar added.

"For what?"

Scar turned to Grian and smiled, making Grian blush.

"For always being there for me."