Fallen King

[Authors POV]

The loud blasting techno music blasted all throughout the arena and the sound of each individual's keystrokes sounded all throughout. The movement of the mouse against the tables was enough to keep people's eyes fixated on the player below on the stage. However, their attention was much more focused on a single player. 

Sakusa Kiyomi, or better known as Sakusa010 in game. No one really knew much about him aside from the fact that he was one of the best pro gamers out there and that he had a contract with a company that was sponsoring him from the sidelines. That company in turn is being run by none other than Kenma Kozume, a very young CEO and founder, but one that sees potential in many players. Many of the pro gamers out there are signed on as part of a separate branch in the company and get hefty bonuses of money if they win. So far, Sakusa hasn't really had to find a job just because of his sheer skill and talent at whatever games he plays. The money that he won however wasn't really important since Sakusa had a side business of his own, and basically was born with a golden spoon. No one knew that however, and Sakusa liked to keep it that way. 

"You're sure gonna lose this time." 

Sakusa wasn't even phased by what an opponent next to him had said. Those were always the answers he would get from them all, and ignoring them was always the best bet. So with that, he made sure to reach below his setup taking out a bottle of antibacterial wipes from his duffle bag below, and begin wiping things around him down. Not that he was a complete germaphobe or anything, but his mysophobia just felt as if it was slightly urging him to clean off those specks of dirt and dusk on the display, mouse, and keyboard. Some of the players looked at him with strange looks and others just thought he was an overwhelmingly uptight and prissy player. Sakusa really didn't care though because at the end of the day, he knew he would make sure to leave them in the dust. 

. . . . 

"Looks like CapricornAce has fallen!! Let's take a look at the other corresponding players setting up their loadouts- OH look what we have here! Sakusa001 seems to have loaded his loadout with extra legendary arsenal. I would be sweating bullets if I was his opponent." 

Cheers left and right were heard all throughout as people had a view of Sakusa's monitor on the giant displays above the arena. The announcers were only amping it all up even more which only made the players nervous, but not Sakusa. He quietly clicked away at his keyboard and attacked different players left and right. Every so often someone would get killed and glare daggers at Sakusa who didn't seem to mind the negative attention. 

"Should have been better," he muttered under his breath as a guy he had killed passed behind him and nudged his shoulder. The guy only glared and continued to walk out which just proved to Sakusa that most of the players there were the type to talk all they wanted online but would never confront the individuals themselves. It was just enough humor to make Sakusa smirk before he ended three more players. The cheering only got louder which motivated him to continue pushing through a couple of players left in the game. That was the only thing concerning him at the moment before he was up against the last player in the tournament. The guy had amazing stats, and Sakusa knew this which is why he personally made sure to acquire all these limited-edition legendary weapons. Sure, it cost a ton of money, but that wasn't an issue for the already millionaire himself after all the tournaments he'd beaten.

So with that, and after a break had been called by the other guy, Sakusa took the time to chill and scroll through his phone. The first thing he saw on his notification bar was his cousin Komori wishing him good luck. along with that were constant tweets of people recording the match and making sure to include some of his best plays. Sakusa was glad people enjoyed his effort. The appreciation was almost like a drug he could never get enough of and he absolutely loved it. Though, he wasn't going to tell anyone about that though.