Episode 18: Fear of the Storm

Through the muffled noises in the darkness, eyes open to a blur and blinding light in the ceiling. With an annoyed groan Saro opened his eyes and sat up, quickly realizing that his face and torso are wrapped in bandages.

"You must seriously be tired of waking up like this."

He looked to his left and saw Amai Mask sitting there, slicing an apple and placing it on a plate just besides Saro's table.

"Story of my life by now... How long was I out?"

"About a day. Though I'd say you're better off sleeping forever considering what's happening out there." Mask chuckled as he slipped the plate closer.

"It's my job to deal with it." Saro laid back down and closed his eyes, taking a small slice.

"I feel like I should let you know that the organization is expecting answers from you for whatever happened back then."

"Heh, I should be the one to ask questions here...I'm not the one who let a threatening organization waltz into the association."

From what Saro had gathered from that day was that Tsukuyomi didn't "infiltrate" the association, but were rather invited by one of the staff members as a means of collaboration with a big sum of money promised. At least that's what Genos had told him moments before Saro had decided to intervene in Psykos' kidnapping.

Masked watched him for a while and pondered a question.

"It's still rather bizarre to see you like this. Why haven't you regenerated yet?"

"I'm just...tired. It's been a day, my powers should be back now so..."

Mask remained neutral, it was truly unknown what he was thinking right now but it was clear that he had grown some sense of interest in the broken man before him.

"Take the day off then if you want...It's not my paperwork to handle." Mask waved his hand and turned for the door.

When he opened it, he stopped and looked over his shoulder.

"That A-Class girl... Blizzard, she wanted to know when you wake up first hand."

"I'll tell her myself, but alert the rest of S class, they'd want to know anyway." Saro said with a dimming voice.

"Heh...sure, for what's left of them." Mask scoffed.

"What?"

Amai Mask stepped outside the room.

"Newspaper." Was all he said before shutting the door behind him.

Saro looked down at the folded newspaper resting near the plate. He weakly snatched it and began looking through its contents until he could find what he would assume he's looking for.

"...Bang...and Zombieman?"

City Z, Bang's Dojo

"Was it truly a wise choice to announce your retirement? The media's in an uproar you know."

Stating angrily and tied upside down from the ceiling was Garou, the once fearful Hero Hunter.

"It would be a bigger burden to keep my leave a secret than it's worth." Bang sighed then smacked Garou's face with a weed. "Now no talking, let the blood flow fill your brain up until it pops."

"Aaaghh! I thought you were being metaphorical before you dragged me into this!"

"You want to be forgiven for your deeds? Start from scratch, what you had done just shows that all my training failed and so you must do it all again."