Episode 13: Aftermath

°
°
°
°

"Vitals are stable, extreme loss of blood and possible sever concussions."

"Do you think this would affect her...powers?"

"I'm just a regular doctor, you can get your scientists here to help me find that out but...knowing what a psychic is that would seem like a logical assumption."

"How long do you think she'll be out?"

"Not certain, the amount of exertion and injuries she sustained have really destroyed her body beyond it's limit. Rest is a must need thing but with her mental condition, it could take more than just a regular sleep cycle."

"But- she'll be fine right?"

"Oh, of course! As surprising as it may seem, even with her physique, her endurance has really saved her skin this time. She'll surely be up on her feet eventually."

°
°
°
°

The loud beeping of a heart monitor slowly faded into her hearing, the sound was getting less muffled by the minute. Even with her eyelids closer, she knew that there was a bright light over her, she instinctively brought her hand over her head to block it out before actually opening her eyes.

Instead of finding a peaceful realization to what's happening, Tatsumaki practically bursts out of the bed.

"Agh-!!"

As she tries to float into the air, she yelps at the stinging pain in her head.  She felt around her forehead to discover a bandage wrapped around her head. Falling back down on the bed, she continues to rub her temples and finally examine her situation.

'Where am I...? This doesn't look like a hospital...What happened?' she stretched and moved her legs around,  being thankful that they're functional at the very least. However, when she stepped off the bed, she began wobbling. 'Just how long have I been here...? What happened to Psykos...? The monsters...Fubuki-'

"Saro!" She yelled and fell to the floor. The black tiled ground met her face with an unpleasant thud.

The door she was trying to reach finally opens as security guards rush in with guns at the ready, upon seeing Tatsumaki on the floor, they put them away and try hoisting her to her feet.

"Tornado! What-"

Tatsumaki suddenly grabbed them with a small amount of her powers and raised them into the air, restraining them. She had head gripped with one hand as the other held to two men up.

"Where am I? Answer me, clearly."

"B-City! Hero's Association Refugee facility...! We're you're protection team while you were classified as [inactive] in a coma!"

"Coma...? H-how long has it been since the destruction of Z-City, the Monster Association!?"

"Exactly 2 months..., Ma'am!"

She finally threw them down, collecting herself and trying decide what her next move is. Does she call someone? Let these guys inform the Association that she's awake? They'll do that regardless so right now she needs to think of the others.

She was later seen soaring through the night sky, new information being given to her by the facility members, she learned of the health conditions and well being of the other heros and Fubuki's, but none of the staff there had heard about Rebirth since the battle. Apparently he had been confined to the main Headquarters and never left the place under his own request, if he's not there then someone from the committee would know where he is, but right now, it was pretty late.