Episode 2: Harsh Greetings

Hero's Association HQ A-City

Sitch sat in a wide and intimidating meeting room. His hands were shaking as he held them together and placed on the table. Sweat dropping down his forehead as his eyes dart around the table, staring at all the individuals present.

Tornado of Terror - S class Rank 2
Silver Fang - S class Rank 3
Atomic Samurai - S class Rank 4
Child Emperor - S class Rank 5
Bofoi (Absent)
King - S class Rank 7
Zombieman - S class Rank 8
Drive Knight (Absent)
Pig God - S class Rank 10
Superalloy Darkshine - S class Rank 11
Flashy Flash - S class Rank 13
Demon Cyborg - S class Rank 14
Metal Bat - S class Rank 15

Every.Single.Person in the room. Was staring at him with such an intimidating gaze that it would have killed him via heart attack.

Some of them just had that deadly stare while the rest were all ready to barrage the man with questions.

Sitch was recalling the talk he finally had with Rebirth.

Yesterday Evening at Sitch's office

"W-wait what?! Tell them?!" Sitch slammed his hands on his table.

"Yeah. Knowing the type of people you have in the S rank level. This secret of yours would never stay hidden long enough. It's better to tell them and explain everything now than to just reveal it later on then have to face their wrath." Saro said with his feet kicked up and arms wrapped behind his head.

"But you must understand...! This is a world ending case back up plan. Project Safe Haven is meant to be a defensive action taken by the association to neutralize any Hero that may become evil or be used against us! Your powers are the exact key we need-!"

"And who's to say I won't go rouge?"

Sitch was left speechless by Saro's retort.

"Who's to say that I won't jump over to the dark side. You're this scared of your own heros who've worked with you for years on end but you're ready to put your company on the line for your most recent addition?" He continued as he finally sat straight, his gaze more dense than before.

"Rebirth, what you're suggesting could very possibly jeopardizing the association as we know it. Ever since Blast..." Sitch stopped himself and retraced his works. "Ever since Blast became more busy, the S rank heros have been more recklessly independent, they barely listen to mission controls."

"Why do you not have such faith in your heroes? Is it because they're always bickering between each other?"

Sitch groaned at the memory of their constant fighting and insults at one another.

"Why not just let me join them?"

"Pardon?"

"I'm not trying to boast my skills or anything but I've read about and watched these heroes work for many years, I'd like to help them work as a team more than anything." Saro smiled again.

'Im not going to mention the fact that I just want to meet all my favorite heroes and get their autographs...wait does Drive Knight even have an autograph?'

"That...is a very risky part to play, you know." Sitch intertwined his fingers and stared at the man.

"If it makes you feel better I'd still be doing your request. With me there I could simply keep an eye on them and use my abilities on them if the time calls for it. BUT that's not the path I want to go for..."