Chapter 41 - Leverage

Start from the beginning

Danila smiled at her again, but he didn't look kind at all. No, he looked at her like he enjoyed watching her break down and shake from fear in front of him. Like a lethal predator.

"Shh...shhh...it's ok, don't worry so much. If Lyosha really does love you, you won't ever see me again...if not...then we will definitely see and feel each other again...Masha." He quietly said to her and placed his hand on her thigh just above her knee and gently squeezed it.

Masha closed her eyes shut as she shuddered from his touch. Danila lingered for a few more seconds but then let her go and started the car. He silently drove her home and once he pulled up to the building and parked, he asked,

"When are you talking to him next?"

"I don't know. He calls me." She said sniffling, completely destroyed from this encounter.

"Here is his number. You're going to go home now and call him. Tell him Danila says hello and that I came to visit you, just to meet. And that's it. You're a smart girl, Masha, you will know what to say."

Danila unlocked the car while still smiling at her and without a last glance at him, Masha quickly got out of the car and ran into her building.

As soon as Danila landed back in Moscow, his phone rang,

"Alexei! You're quick! I like that. Did you talk to Masha already?" Danila spoke with laughter.

"Danila...why are you scaring my sister like that? Why don't you just come talk to me?" Alexei sounded annoyed, not scared.

"Oh yeah? The way you talked to me while you've been busy looking for a buyer? Not good, Alexei, not good. I don't need to talk to you. Now, you're just going to do what I tell you."

There was dead silence on the other line and Danila knew that Alexei was a smart kid, and understood everything.

"When do you want me to come see you?" Alexei sounded defeated.

"Tonight. You know where to find me." And Danila hung up the phone as he breathed out a sigh of relief.

Fuck, he hated doing all this shit. He just wanted to make money and not play these ridiculous games. But now he was deeply in it.

Danila walked inside his apartment to see Kirill and Mia sitting on the couch together and chatting about something. Mia had her legs in Kirill's lap and Danila understood that they made up.

His day went from bad to worse.

"It's all done. He will come see us tonight." Danila called out into the living room and walked into his room without saying another word.

"What's done, who is coming?" Mia looked curiously at Kirill. Kirill smiled gently at her as he cupped her cheek.

"Just an old friend. I haven't seen him in years."

With their newfound knowledge about Oleg's plan, Kirill and Danila knew they had mere days to finish this. There was no time for Oleg to leave the country, they had to figure out how to circumvent his intentions and end this once and for all.

A massive risk, one or both of them could go to jail for life. There was no way to pay your way out of this, no way to escape Russia's justice system which was 100% on Oleg's side.

But the prospect of Oleg kidnapping Mia and selling her into prostitution made them both choose the chances of lifetime jail without a second thought.

They both asked Mia to give them time before they told her anything. She didn't like that but didn't want to get into another fight with Kirill so she agreed and didn't ask them any details.

Danila increased his and hers security but she still had to perform at the club to keep the semblance that everything was the same.

At 11:30pm that night, Alexei arrived. Walking into Danila's office, he saw Kirill and both surprised and on edge, began to wildly try to figure out what was needed from him.

"Privet Lyosha. Long time no see." Kirill started with a smile.

Alexei was not in a laughing mood. He was nowhere close to having the influence and power they both had but he knew they needed him for something they couldn't pull off themselves.

He felt good about that, like he had a hold over them finally but just as that thought crossed his mind, he remembered his morning phone call with his sister and knew he was trapped.

Danila spoke first,

"Here's what's going to happen. You're going to tell us everything that Artyom was doing for Oleg as it pertains to Mia. And then we're going to tell you what to do. If you slip up somewhere or the plan doesn't go according to plan and it's your fault, your nephew's life is on the line. Another slip up, and then you can decide who goes next, your niece or sister. You refuse to decide, we will end them both. You understand the terms?" Danila finished as he stood at his desk with his arms crossed and looked down at Alexei.

"I understand." He only responded.

"Good. We're both listening." Danila encouraged him and pointed to the couch.

Please don't forget to vote and comment! I love to hear from my readers! ❤️