Rome brushed his hands through his hair, "Why didn't you tell us Daisy was going to visit?" he asked angrily.

"I did," Martha replied in a small voice, staring at the girl, with her eyes wide and epmty.

I clutched Rome's arm before he could take out his anger on the wrong person, and gently nodded at him.

He looked at me, his eyes hard and cold but they softened a little and he closed his mouth.

We heard one one of the injured guys groan in pain and Rome went over to him, kneeling. "Harrisson, I swear to fucking God if you don't tell me who and why you did this, I'm going to make you stay alive and watch every man that has ever sinned in your family be skinned alive. And make you hear them untill you claw your eardrums out." He said, with so much poison in his words and coldness in his eyes, it made my hair stand up.

He then whipped out the dagger from his suit and sliced one of his legs, and jabbed the dagger's pointed side into his flesh making him scream.

"No.. Don, no, he- her father.. Mr.Russo ordered us.. to...to kill anyone close to you." The guy barely let out, making my heart stop.

Rome's movements stilled, he slowly got up without looking behind.

I could hear my heartbeat in my eardrums, I knew what was going to happen but I didn't want to believe it.

We heard footsteps approaching and it was the doctor, Luca guided him to the girl.

But I couldn't bring myself to move, I didn't know if I should've followed Rome or consoled Martha. But maybe she didn't want the consolation from the culprit's daughter.

I walked towards her, dragging my frozen limbs as fast as I could, "I'm sorry," I said taking her face in my hands and making her look at me.

My eyes stinged but I held back my tears, kissing her forehead I ran to where Rome had gone.

I got to him just before he could start his car, "Stop."

"Move," he said his eyes bloodshot.

"Please just let me," I said my voice betraying me with the way it wavered.

I went and sat inside the car, "I know what you're going to do," I said looking at him, but he just started the car and kept looking at the road infront like I wasn't even there.

"But please do the right thing, and not what feels right," I said, my throat constricting like someone was choking me.

"I should've known blood never goes away, you want to save a man like that, that didn't even think before wanting to take an innocent like Daisy's life?" He spat, his gaze holding so many emotions, but the most evident, hatred.

I wanted to scream and shout and go back to bed and hide myself, I wanted to cry untill they stopped questioning the humanity in me because of my blood. I wanted to go away somewhere safe, I hated this and for some reason nothing had ever hurt me like the last few minutes of my life had did.

I held back my emotions and breathed, "If you kill him now, no matter the reason, your coronation process for the Don's position would be halted," I said looking at him from the rear view mirror, I didn't care to hide the hurt in my eyes, "and the mafia would go in chaos because of breaching of protocols and trust."

We stared at each other, both not daring to say another word but also not trying to hide the emotion in our eyes.

My heart felt like someone had put a heavy weight on it and was continuously squeezing it.

I looked away first, to hide the one drop of tear that had escaped, "I'm sorry," I said, my voice so vulnerable and heavy I couldn't recognise it, "I've just always been to big of a coward to do the right thing instead of... not thinking that I would be the reason my brother would become an orphan."

Rome said nothing but just kept on driving, but this time it was towards his house instead of my father's.

"Can you please stop," I asked looking out the window, he did.

I stepped out of the car, "Thankyou," and watched him drive away after a few minutes of staring at me. Preferably to his home, and family. A luxury I didn't have.

No sooner than his car was out of sight that the tears started rolling down my cheeks. I sat down, wrapping my hands around my body, looking at the night sky.

"I'm so lonely here mom," I cried, "You knew I didn't want to stay back that night, you knew I wanted to leave this world with you."

I sniffled, my body shaking, "I can't do this, you know I'm teribble at most things, that is why dad used to beat you, for MY incompetence. See, now they have to pay for it since you are not here. He's very cruel mama, he will never change," I hicupped my eyes burning from all the crying, "I just want peace, I want to hide and be safe, I'm tired of everything mama, I can't do this anymore." I sniffled, "Please please please" I shouted looking at the stars, "Please why didn't you just let me come there with you, I would've been safe, I would sleep on your lap and not even complain about the food mama. I'm so sorry please just call me to you, I'm tired." I cried, all my years of pentup emotions coming out.

My body had never felt this weak so I just sat there, closing my eyes, accepting my fate to whatever was coming.

✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁❁❁❁❁✧✧❁❁✧✿✿✧❁❁✧

Bruh I almost cried writing that😭☝🏽 anyways let me know in the comments if you liked it (pls it motivates me to write the next chapter 😭).

Thankyou 🐸