XXIX. ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴇᴀᴄʜ ᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ... ʀɪɢʜᴛ⁇

"We found something," Eun-hyeok said.

"You're all surrounded!" a voice echoed from outside the apartment block. "Surrender the infected immediately. Survivors will be transported to a safety camp. You are completely surrounded!"

Yi-kyung then entered the room, looking over at Eun-hyeok and Ji-ji. "Someone took it."

"Took what?" Sung-hyo asked.

"A tracking device from the military," Eun-hyeok answered.

Sung-hyo had just given up on being surprised by now. She started slowly moving off the bed, despite Ji-ji trying to keep her on it. "Where's my blade? Ji-ji, let go!"

"Sung-hyo, you can't be moving," Eun-hyeok protested, helping Ji-ji to try and get the stubborn girl back onto the bed.

"No, I need to keep Hyun-su safe!" Sung-hyo fought.

"Stay in the bed," a voice came.

Everyone turned to see Hyun-su standing by the entrance to the room, looking directly at Sung-hyo. "You'll reopen the wound if you move any more."

Sung-hyo didn't protest.

Hyun-su approached the group, "I'm going to give myself up."

"What?" Sung-hyo said. "No, you can't."

"If I give myself up, you'll be safe," Hyun-su continued.

"And you'll become a lab experiment!" Sung-hyo replied, grabbing Hyun-su's hands and ignoring how cold they were. "I won't let you! Please, Hyun-su, don't!"

"Sung-hyo..." Hyun-su tried to get Sung-hyo to let go.

"Please..." Sung-hyo pleaded, tears already trailing down her face. "I can't lose you too. Please don't... Please don't go out there."

Hyun-su moved closer to Sung-hyo, standing beside her. One of his hands slowly out of her grasp and up to her face, where his thumb brushed across Sung-hyo's face, wiping away her tears. 

Sung-hyo then noticed something around Hyun-su's neck. It was her locket. Eun-yu must've given it to him after she got taken away. 

Sung-hyo felt more tears fall, realising that this had been Hyun-su's plan for a while now. 

Only this time... she wasn't going with him.

Not now, anyway.

"Survive for me," Hyun-su said. "I still want you safe. We'll see each other again, one day. I promise."

"But when will that day come?" Sung-hyo asked. "Will you even be able to remember me?"

"I don't know," Hyun-su admitted, an answer to both of the girl's questions. "But it will come. And I will remember one day. I know it."

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Hyun-su began moving towards the exit of the apartment block.

The tenants, who had all been resting by a fire, turned to him, but he didn't look at any of them.

He planned to leave the building as soon as he could.

"Are you going somewhere?" a small voice said, and Hyun-su felt a small hand grab his.

Hyun-su recognised the voice, but didn't know why. Looking down, he saw a little boy.

It was Yeong-su, who reached up and touched his hands. "Hyun-su, your hands are cold. Are you cold?"