XVII. ꜱᴍɪʟɪɴɢ ᴍᴇꜱꜱ

The last time Sung-hyo had smiled so much was around a year prior.

She'd been playing the drums in the music classroom at her school. She guessed she must've been playing quite loudly because one of her teachers walked in and listened to her drumming. When she was done, the teacher praised her, saying her improvisation towards the end was a good twist on the song she was playing to. 

The last thing he'd said to her before he left the classroom was that she had a chance of performing live for an idol group...  or maybe even in her own band. 

She'd walked home that day with a giant smile on her face and the teacher's words repeating in her head again and again.

Sung-hyo soon spotted Du-sik, a bandage now wrapped around his wound.

She approached the man, "Afternoon, Mr Han."

"Good afternoon, my dear," Du-sik smiled.

"How's your leg doing?" Sung-hyo asked.

"As always," Du-sik replied. "Useless."

Sung-hyo bit her cheek. "Well, on the bright side... it didn't hurt than if you did feel."

Du-sik chuckled, "I suppose you're right. How's Hyun-su?"

"He seems a little more comfortable, seeing as he's no longer being caged," Sung-hyo nodded. "I'm glad he's out of that room."

"Me too," Du-sik said, before looking at Sung-hyo carefully.

"What?" Sung-hyo asked, going up to wipe her face with her sleeve. "Is there blood on my face?"

"No, no, there's nothing on your face," Du-sik chuckled again. "I was just wondering if you, perhaps, like Hyun-su?"

"What? You mean like as in...?" Sung-hyo couldn't even bring herself to finish her sentence. "Uhm... I don't know. It's mixed, you know? One moment, I think maybe I don't like him like that and see him as my friend. But then I'm around him and I feel so flustered. It's so fucking stupid."

"Language," Du-sik lightly scolded.

"Sorry," Sung-hyo replied.

"I think you should talk to him," Du-sik offered. "You never know, my dear, he may be hiding his feelings from you too."

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

Sung-hyo ended up thinking about what Du-sik had said to her for the entire day.

By the time the sun had set and the night sky entered the city, Sung-hyo was still thinking about the conversation.

Was Hyun-su hiding his feelings?

If he was, he was already really good at that.

Sung-hyo was so caught up in her thoughts, she collided with someone as she turned the corner, causing her to drop all the things in her arms.

"Oh, shit!" Sung-hyo let out.

"Sorry," Hyun-su apologised, who had been the one that crashed into her. "That's my fault."

"No, no, it's my fault. I wasn't paying attention," Sung-hyo shook her head and quickly crouched down to pick up what she'd dropped.

Hyun-su went down too, causing the pair to bonk their heads together. They moved back simultaneously, their hand flying up to where they'd banged their head. When they realised the other was doing the same, they both began to laugh slightly.