XXVII. ʀᴇᴅ

"Ji-su, have you seen Mr Han?" Sung-hyo asked. "I need to talk to him, and I haven't seen him since the thugs attacked."

"I think he went back to his apartment," Ji-su answered.

"Why?" Sung-hyo wondered aloud.

"I don't know, maybe he went back to get something he forgot?" Ji-su suggested.

"I'll wait for him to get back, then," Sung-hyo decided.

Sung-hyo began heading to where she remembered the kids being when someone shouted out, "Move away!"

Sung-hyo backed up against the wall as Sang-wook ran past her, carrying Yu-ri on his back, who was struggling to breathe. Sung-hyo's eyes widened once she realised Yu-ri must've had an asthma attack.

As the pair began to reach the opening that had been made by the thugs, Sang-wook was suddenly thrown back by Ui-myeong's telekinesis. Nearby onlookers, including Sung-hyo, staggered back in shock and fear, having never seen this power before.

Yu-ri continued to gasp and cough for air while Ui-myeong pressed his boot down on Sang-wook's hand, which contained a car key. Ui-myeong kicked it up with a quiet hum.

Hyun-su then appeared, "What's the matter?"

"They were trying to leave," Ui-myeong answered, showing Hyun-su the car key.

Hyun-su looked down at Sang-wook, who only had his eyes on Yu-ri as she continued to gasp for air.

"It doesn't matter," Hyun-su announced.

"If they report us, the soldiers will come," Ui-myeong pointed out.

"We won't be here by then," Hyun-su revealed. "You'll be gone and so will I."

"You're not going with me?" Ui-myeong hummed, his head tilted to the side.

"I'm going out on my own. Being a wolf," Hyun-su replied, clearly quoting what Ui-myeong had told him.

"You'll really leave them all behind?" Ui-myeong seemed to be quite amazed, but glad of the outcome. "Even your little lady?"

"She will never understand me," Hyun-su replied, sounding cold and harsh.

Sung-hyo felt tears fill her eyes, trying to seem as heartbroken and betrayed as she could.

She knew if Ui-myeong found out...

"I'm leaving," Hyun-su revealed.

"What? When? Leaving for where?" Sung-hyo asked.

"I don't know, but I can't stay here,"  Hyun-su admitted. "Come with me. We could sneak away and stay together."

"What about Ji-ji and Eun-yu?" Sung-hyo asked. "And Ji-su?"

In the end, Sung-hyo accepted with the exception of them bringing Ji-ji with them. The only thing they needed to do was somehow convince Ui-myeong that Hyun-su wanted to be out in the world and on his own.

Hyun-su bent down and looked over Sang-wook, who still lay on the ground. "Why are you trying to go out?" Hyun-su then looked back up at Ui-myeong, grabbing the car key and putting it in Sang-wook's hand. "Let them go. They'll die, anyway."

Sang-wook staggered towards Yu-ri, slowly lifting her onto his back again and continuing their run towards the car.

BANG!

Sung-hyo gasped in horror and Hyun-su let out a scream as everyone witnessed Ui-myeong shoot Yu-ri in the back five times. The bullets hit Sang-wook too, who had slowed down dramatically, but was still trying to get to the car.