IX. ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴍʏ ꜰʀɪᴇɴᴅ...

Hyun-su's eyes snapped open as he heard a female voice talk. It wasn't Sung-hyo or Ji-su, but they still sounded familiar.

"You really fell," the voice said.

Hyun-su slowly sits up, taking in the surroundings of the room he's in. He then realises why he recognised the voice.

The girl from the roof was standing next to him.

"When I told you not to die here, I meant the whole building," Eun-yu scolded slightly.

"Where am I?" Hyun-su asked.

"It's a place where everyone gathered, waiting to die," Eun-yu answered with a sigh.

"What about the others?" Hyun-su asked, growing worried.

"Who? Sung-hyo and those two with her?" Eun-yu asked, to which Hyun-su nodded. "They're fine, but Sung-hyo seemed pretty pissed off at how they're caging you in here."

Hyun-su let out a sigh of relief.

"I guess you aren't as shitty as I thought," Eun-yu let out. "You should worry about yourself, not them."

"Pardon?" Hyun-su asked.

"Eun-yu," a new voice makes itself present. Eun-yu seems to sneer at the voice before leaving, intentionally bumping into the man that enters the room.

"You're fine," the man, Eun-hyeok, said. "You fell from the 9th floor and woke up in 3 hours. Maybe the golden hour saved you."

Hyun-su didn't say anything. He had no idea whether it was because he couldn't or didn't want to.

"Isn't it ironic?" Eun-hyeok continued. "The golden hour used to mean the last hour to save someone. Now it means the only possible period of time to destroy someone."

Hyun-su still didn't say anything.

"How do you feel?" Eun-hyeok asked.

Hyun-su reached up to touch the back of his head. Upon examining his hand, he saw no fresh blood.

"I think I'm okay," Hyun-su replied.

"Good," Eun-hyeok hummed. "It's going to be tough from here on out."

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu

"What is it?" Seung-wan asked.

"Why did he call us?" Jae-hwan mumbled, stopping in his tracks and he spotted Hyun-su standing next to Eun-hyeok.

"Keep going," Byeong-il said, pushing those in front of him towards the room where they were all meeting.

Sung-hyo didn't hesitate, hugging Hyun-su and resting her head on his shoulder. Hyun-su was still surprised yet unsure of what to do for a while, so he seemed to freeze from Sung-hyo's perspective.

"You're still my friend," Sung-hyo smiled. "I'm not leaving friends behind."

"You're out of your mind," Mr Kim scowled at Sung-hyo. "You brought a frigging monster in here."

Sung-hyo tried not to let the old man's harsh words affect her.

"Don't you dare turn," Mr Kim threatened Hyun-su, holding a box knife to his face. "Got it? You fucking monster. Answer when an adult speaks to you."

"Got it," Hyun-su answered in a hushed tone.

ᶠYͧoͨᵏu