XVIII. ʟᴏꜱɪɴɢ ᴏᴜʀꜱᴇʟᴠᴇꜱ

Up until today, Sung-hyo would get her and Hyun-su food, then walk to the quarantine room. There, she would give him his food and sit with him, offering him some company as they ate.

Now, Sung-hyo was bringing Hyun-su with her to get their food.

Sung-hyo had expected some sort of reaction from the other tenants when they entered the canteen, but she didn't expect Ji-eun to stand up and walk towards them.

"Would you... like some of mine?" Ji-eun offered her food.

"No, it's fine," Hyun-su declined.

Sung-hyo looked over at the tenants as she was being handed her food. Once they realised she was looking at her, they quickly went back to eating, as if they'd never been staring at the pair.

"These spoons aren't helpful at all," Byeong-il said to Seung-wan, who was sitting next to him.

"You're right," Seung-wan nodded. "It'll be faster to just drink it."

Sung-hyo grabbed Hyun-su's free hand and pulled them both out of the room.

"Well, that wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to go," Sung-hyo admitted. "But at the same time, not exactly what I expected."

Hyun-su nodded in agreement. It was obvious Ji-eun offering her food was the last thing they expected. It had made Hyun-su look like he was the one in charge.

Sung-hyo had found an area to eat not long after leaving the canteen. She'd wanted to sit there, but since Hyun-su hadn't made any move to sit, she didn't move.

She was only going to sit if Hyun-su wanted to.

Sang-wook, who was standing beside them, seemed to be hesitant about sitting there too, which only made things more awkward between the three of them.

If Ji-ji had been sitting down somewhere, Sung-hyo would've gone and sat her and Hyun-su with him, but he was down in the garage, helping Du-sik with something.

Just then, Gil-seob came walking by, his own tray of food in his hands. He walked up to the table, nudging past Hyun-su and Sang-wook before sitting down at the table and beginning to eat. Hyun-su and Sang-wook began to walk away, whereas Sung-hyo was conflicted.

Should she pull her and Hyun-su to the table? Should she follow him?

"Do you have anywhere else to go?" Gil-seob called out to the two that were walking away. "Sit down. You're distracting me."

Sung-hyo smiled a little, immediately walking over and sitting down. Hyun-su and Sang-wook sat down a few moments later.

Sung-hyo began to eat her meal but soon noticed Hyun-su wasn't even touching his. She gently nudged him, motioning for him to eat. He took a small spoonful and ate it slowly. It still satisfied Sung-hyo, though. He was eating something, even if he was going very small and slow.

Meanwhile, Gil-seob was finishing slurping up his food. He chucked the tray to his side once he'd finished, letting out a loud, satisfied sigh. "That was a nice meal." He looked over at the two men, noticing how they both seemed to be in their own world. "What's wrong with you two? Everyone's uncomfortable around you. Be comfortable alone at least. Don't just sit there frowning with that scary scarred face. You're making me lose my appetite. And why do you have those scars on your arm?"

Hyun-su stopped eating and rolled his sleeve down, hiding his scars. At that moment, Sung-hyo was glad she was wearing her brother's jumper, which was very baggy on her and was definitely hiding the two lines on her wrists.