Part 28: Your Second Best Decision Zayn

Почніть із самого початку

"Zayn!" We heard someone calling his name. I knew who it was, I can recognise that voice even in midst of thousands of voices. It's Imran.
He came there with Theo and stood in front of me, Zayn and Amaan. "Lexi, what're you doing here?" Theo asked and she blinked her eyes, as if telling him that it's fine.

"Zayn, you're probably wondering why I didn't tell you about it, aren't you?" Imran asked and Zayn nodded. "I didn't want to trouble her even more by letting her tell you this. She was already so much stressed and..."
Imran was taking the blame all over himself, just to save me from Zayn's anger. I can't let him do this.

"Zayn, actually it was-," I said, wanting to say the truth, that it was me who asked Imran and Theo to not tell anything to any of them. "Layla no, let me," Imran said, but I wasn't gonna let him take this blame.

"Zayn, as I've already told you earlier, it was me who stopped them from telling anything to you all, not him." I said as they all looked at me. Imran came towards me and held my hand, taking me to a corner and said, "Why Layla? I was handling the situation, so that he doesn't rages out at you. Then why did you tell him the truth?"

The look in his eyes showed that he still cared for me, genuinely. And how much did I long to see it. It's not that my feelings for Imran ever went away, they could never.
He was my first love, how could I ever get over him?

"Because I- because I couldn't see you taking the blame for something which isn't even your fault Imran! You and I, we both know how Zayn would react if you said that it was you who didn't want me to tell this to him. He would literally freak out and say thing to you and I don't want that to happen." I said and he looked at me, stepping closer to me, as he said, "Why? Why is it that you don't want him to say anything to me?"

"I- I don't know. We must go there, they're watching us," I said and he stepped aside, providing space for me to go. I looked over my shoulder and saw him following me.

"Zayn, I didn't know how to tell you, and so I asked him as well to keep quiet about it for now. It isn't their fault," I said as he responded, "Layla, I understand. But why did Imran say that it was his idea?" He asked and I said, "Because he thought you would get upset with me, nothing more, I promise."

"What did he tell you now? And who the hell gave you the right to hold my girlfriend's hand and take her somewhere, that too in front of me?" Amaan asked me and Imran as we exchanged looks with each other. This is gonna turn out really bad.

"That's none of your business. If she has no problem talking to me, neither should you have. And, about me holding her hand, who gave you the right to dance with Hailey last night? At Joe's party?" Imran asked, leaving us in surprise.

Amaan and Hailey were together last night? We all looked at Amaan and Hailey, whose faces were now expressionless.
"We- we just, we just met there. It was a coincidence," Hailey said as she looked at Amaan who nodded and said, "Yeah, it was- it was a coincidence."

"So you'll dance together? With your hands all over each other?" Imran questioned and they kept quiet.

"And you were questioning me and Imran? When you yourself did something with her behind our backs?" I asked him and felt disgusted by the behaviour of my boyfriend.

"Layla, Zayn, it's not what you think-" "Really? You think you can control her and tell her who she can hang out with, but you can't keep your hands off someone? And Hailey you? You keep on telling me to stay away from Layla, who's my sister and my best friend, but you find it alright when you hang out with another guy? And Amaan, you are in no position to question Layla about what Imran told her, and that who he is to hold her hand. Thanks to him that your girlfriend is here with us today."
Zayn said, interrupting Amaan before he could say anything.

"Amaan, this is the last time you are hurting her. I won't listen to anything hereafter. And Hailey, we need to take a break." Zayn said and silence took over, as Hailey looked at him in shock. "Zayn, babe-" "No Hailey, don't 'babe' me. How is it fair that I can't talk to my best friend, but you can dance with other guys? I need a break from this," he stated.

"That should teach her a lesson," Shifa said and made a face. I could tell that she was happy, because all she's ever wanted for Zayn is that he and Hailey break up. Not because she likes Zayn or anything- they're more of best friends- but because we know how bad Hailey is for him.

"Zayn, are you sure about it?" I ask him, because no matter how much I want them to separate, it won't make me happy if he is unhappy of his decision.

"Yes Layla. First, she tried to turn me against you and almost managed to do that. I- I stopped talking to you, then she's said so many things to you that I can't even apologise for. She's harmed you in all possible ways, she even gave you avocado sandwich, knowing that you might end up dead in the hospital if you ate that. And now this, dancing with your boyfriend behind our backs, I can't take this."

"That was your second best decision Zayn," Imran said. He then came close to me and whispered in my ear, "Making you his sister was his best decision," and walked away with Theo. Lexi winked at me and looked at Max and said, "Let's go, let them talk it out," and she too left with him. What did that wink mean?

* * * * *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33