Part 13: Before Theo Barged In

Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

Imran drove to the tailor where Mom had given a few clothes for some alterations.

Since I met Zayn's family, they've treated me like their own daughter. It's funny how sometimes Zayn says things like, "You know Lay, I think my parents love you more than me," or "I wish I was you, I mean look how they're spoiling you, man!"

Thus I call his Mom and Dad as Mom and Dad. They're my family. His parents are my parents and the same goes for him.

There's just one person I ain't that fond of-  Imran. All because of the way he treats Zayn. But today, today was different. He helped me, he saved me and I am forever grateful for it.

When I bumped into him, I didn't know who it was, but I wanted it to be him. His eyes held an unexplainable emotion, which I saw today. The way he held me, as if he was scared or- I don't know! But it definitely was something different.

Plus when we were alone in the car, before Theo barged in, that moment felt surreal. When I touched him, it felt like a cold current running through my veins. An unknown feeling, that I've never felt before, ever. Not even with Amaan, my boyfriend.

It was wrong, very wrong, but still, it felt so right. But it doesn't help with the guilt I am feeling. Being with Amaan, I shouldn't have done that– being so close to another guy. I know we didn't do anything, but still I- ugh! I don't know what to say!

"Layla, come, we've reached," Imran spoke, dragging me out of my thoughts. I looked around and before I could open the door, Imran came to my side and opened the door for me.

"Thanks," I said and walked out, waiting for him. I followed him to a boutique, where workers were working and customers were everywhere.

A guy who looked like he was in his early twenties came up to us and said, "Hey, how may I help you?" He looked kinda young, with his slightly tanned skin, brown hair and black eyes.

He made us sit and smiled at us. "What type of dresses would you like to see?" He asked me, to which I said, "Uhm actually we're here for collecting some dresses, Imran," I looked at him, signalling him to continue.

He opened his bag and took out a receipt and gave it to the boy, who looked at me again, and said, "Just a minute mam, I'll be back with your dresses."

"Where are we going for shopping with Mom?" I asked Imran, who then replied, "I am not sure of the place, but I guess first we'll go to some boutiques." I nod, to which he said, "Hey do you want anything? Like an ice pack or something?"

"Huh? Ice pa- Oh! No no, it's fine. I'm feeling much better now. Is it still bruised?" I asked him, pointing towards my cheeks. I don't care if there's a big bruise or pimple on my cheek. I don't care that it ruins my appearance or something. The problem is, if someone in my family or friends sees this, they'll have hundreds of questions about it. And I don't know what answer to give.

"Yes, it is bruised. Tell me if it pains," saying this, he gently touched my cheek, causing butterflies in my stomach, again. I don't know why I am feeling this way around him!

"Layla? Does it pain?" He asked, snapping me out of the wonderland I was lost within, to which I nod sideways. "No, it doesn't. But, what will I tell them if they ask?" I questioned. "Layla, I don't know about others but Zayn needs to know, I can't hide this from him" he said, and I knew he was right.

"Excuse me, sir, your dresses will be here in a few minutes. Till then, please enjoy our complimentary snacks." The same boy brought a couple of juices and desserts along with some other stuff.

"Thank you but we don't want it. You may take these back," Imran said politely, but the boy didn't move. "Sir, mam, please, I request." Hearing this, Imran looked at me and I nodded.

I picked up a juice can while Imran took a small pastry. My phone's screen blinked, showing a message from Zayn.

Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : Layla?
Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : Layla where are you!?

*4 missed calls from Zaynn❤️💪🏻*

Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : LAYLA WHY ARE YOU NOT ANSWERING THE DAMN PHONE?!

*2 missed calls from Zaynn❤️💪🏻*

Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : Lay are you okay? Why is your phone switched off? Where are you!?
Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : Lay I'm worried pick up the DAMN phone!!

You: Zayn zayn im fine
You: It's just that my phone went off and i didnt hear your calls before. What happened?

Oh God! I'm so dead. He's probably gonna eat me alive for not picking up his phone earlier. God save me. I thought to myself.

Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : Layla where the hell have you been? I've been calling and texting you for so long! Both of you weren't answering your phones! What happened?

You: Zayn listen, im with Imran, safe and sound. Uk u don't have to worry about me. Rn im at the boutique with him for collecting Mom's dress. 

Zaynn❤️💪🏻 : What? You're still at the boutique? Uhm, okay nvm. Just be safe.

You: zayn ill explain it all to you once i come back home, oky? Now shush and do ur shopping with them else ur girl is gonna eat me alive through your phone for talking to you bruh.

Zaynn❤️👍🏻 : Uh Laylaaa! You won't believe Shifa said the same thing to me, the only difference being she didn't have a filter for her words uk😂 bye.

You: lol😂 bye now.

I looked up to see Imran looking at me with a questioning face, so I replied, "Its Zayn. He was asking me where we are and why weren't we receiving his calls." He nodded and I asked him, "Why didn't you pick up his call when he was calling you?"

He smirked and said, "One- my phone was on silent. Two- remember the time before Theo flung open the car's door and came in? He called at that time and I was quite busy, you know." Heat crept up to my cheeks, which I am pretty sure are red as tomatoes.

All I want is to wipe up that damn smirk from his lips. Ugh! "What happened Layla? No more questions?"

I moved closer to him and whispered slowly in his ears, "I do. But I bet you don't have the answers to them, so you know?"

He looked taken aback by my move. Well of course he didn't expect me to react, that too boldly.

I gave him a smile, while he seemed a little nervous. Go girl you just made Imran nervous! My brain sang happily.

I then rolled my eyes at him, to which he chuckled. "What? Did I crack some joke by rolling my eyes at you?" I asked.

"Nah, I just imagined you rolling your eyes at me for a different reason," he whispered and winked, making me blush like anything. Crap!

"Sir, your order," the guy came with some dresses neatly packed. I held them while Imran paid for the alterations.

"Layla, you don't have to hold 'em. Give it to me here," he said, to which I only pulled my hand back. "Imran, it's fine. It doesn't matter who holds them, dies it?" I say, to which he just gives me the look that says 'Give it to me', and I give in.

He smiled, and the boy said, "You're a great couple. You two suit each other" which caused us to turn our heads at him, and I forced a smile.

Me and Imran? Never gonna happen, like ever.

*     *     *     *     *     *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Vote if you liked the chapter!<33