Part 46: Memorable Moments

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading!
Happy reading<33

❀ ❀ ❀ ❀

Layla's 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕.

"How about we watch a movie?" Iqra suggested, looking up from her phone.
Iqra and Shifa were at my house as we were having a girls' night after ages.

"Yeah, that's a great idea" I said and smiled at Iqra. "Oh My God! We could do face masks as well! Wow!" Shifa exclaimed as we burst into laughter and I nodded.
"Yeah okay, I'll go get the face masks and in the meanwhile you guys select a movie to watch, sounds good?" I asked and Shifa raised her thumb in anticipation.

I got down from my bed where the three of us were sprawled, wrapped in blankets like a burrito and made my way to my bathroom.

As I reached the bathroom, I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror.

Dark circles under my eyes were a testament to the recent stresses, but tonight, with my friends here, I felt a sense of relief. I don't even know when was the last time we had a sleepover, thanks to this Selective memory Loss. I smiled and shook off the fatigue, determined to make the most of the evening.

Opening the cabinet, I scanned through my collection of face masks. The cooling cucumber, the purifying charcoal, the hydrating aloe vera - each promised a different kind of rejuvenation.

Why not let Shifa and Iqra choose their favorites? After all, tonight was about relaxing and indulging.

Carrying the masks back to my room, I found Shifa and Iqra deep in conversation about which movie to watch. They glanced up as I entered, their faces brightening at the sight of the masks.

"Here," I said, placing the assortment on the bed. "Take your pick while I go grab some snacks. Iqra, could you please go get the lip balms and other goodies with Shif?"

Iqra nodded eagerly, and I headed downstairs. The soft glow of the kitchen welcomed me as I entered, and I felt a surge of warmth at the thought of spending the evening with my closest friends.

"What are you doing here at this hour?" a familiar voice broke through the silence, startling me.

"Oh my God, are you serious! I can't believe you got me that! You're the best!"
"Sh sh, you don't want anyone to hear us now, do you?"

That sounds like Zahra and Saarim, what's he doing here at this time?

"Yeah, let's sit out in the lawn," That being said, I noticed Zahra and Saarim heading out discreetly.

"Zahra?" I called out softly, catching them off guard.

"Um, Lay? What are you doing here, I mean, aren't you- aren't you having a night out with your friends?" Zahra stuttered, her cheeks flushing with embarrassment.

I reassured her with a smile, "Yes, I- I just came down to get some snacks and overheard you guys talking."

Zahra's expression softened, and she made a plea, "Layla, you're not gonna tell anything about this to mom and dad, right?"

I nodded understandingly, "I won't tell them anything, but what about those guards? They didn't see you coming here?"

As cliché it sounded, my house was surrounded by guards and cameras everywhere. After all, my dad was one of the most successful businessmen here.