Part 35: Eat This All Day

Hey everyone, I hope you're having a good day!
Kindly vote after reading! Happy reading<33

𝐋𝐚𝐲𝐥𝐚'𝐬 𝐏.𝐎.𝐕

I took the soup and sat on my bed, deciding what series to watch while drinking the soup. I continued watching The Vampire Diaries for an hour or so after finishing my soup. After a while, I heard a car honking outside, so I went to my window to see who it was. Zahra stepped out of Saarim's car with Rayna, Diana, Daniel and Saarim himself coming out with her. They stood there talking to each other when another car came there. It was Zayn's car out of which Iqra, Shifa, Lexi, Max, Theo and Zayn came out.
They must be here to drop the girls off and go back home. Thinking this, I went back to my bed after turning off the lights. After about a minute or so, I heard loud footsteps approaching my room. My door flung open and I closed my eyes, acting asleep. "Is she asleep?" Iqra said, probably looking at me suspiciously and Shifa replied, "Probably, it's been too long since she's home."
Thank God she thinks I'm asleep! Someone gently patted on my head and immediately said, "Oh God! She has fever!" I have fever? Uh no. Now they're gonna stay here for more time. Generally, I wouldn't mind them being here, in fact I would've done anything to make them stay here at other times. But now, I wanted to be alone and it was impossible with this fever.

"What?" Shifa exclaimed and started waking me up. "Layla, hey, wake up," Iqra said and I heard the door open again. "Why are you waking her up? Let her sleep-" "She has fever Zayn, she needs to take medicines," Lexi told to Zayn and I assumed the boys were here too.
"Layla wake up," Shifa said again and I reluctantly got up and rubbed my eyes. "What are you guys doing here?! When did y'all come?" I asked while making space for them to sit on the bed. "Just a while ago. How are you feeling now?" Iqra said and I nodded, saying, "Yeah, no change. I'm tired and feeling weak."
"Plus now you have fever. Let me see how much it is," Shifa said, opening my side drawer to take the thermometer. I touched my forehead and it was too hot, as if I had been using a heating pad on my forehead.
Shifa checked my temperature, revealing it to be a 103 degree. "How much is it?" Max asked and I said, "103 degrees," and sneezed right after that. "Geez look at your red nose!" Iqra said and patted my head gently.
"What have you done to yourself Layla?"
Just then, my mom entered my room. "Why are you all standing? Come on sit," she said and they sat, some on my bed while some on the bean bags.
My room was huge. Like it was the second largest room in my house, the other one being my parents' room. It was a combination of beige, white and tan colour, so I wanted the interior to be of the matching colours. You could call it aesthetic. My bed was big enough to accommodate 3-4 people, no wonder how Iqra and Shifa could sleep here with me.
The wall behind my bed was of a light beige colour, where I had hung little star shaped lights and the wall beside my bed had a few photo frames on it. Some were mine alone, while some with my family and friends. My study table was white in colour, a big mirror besides the window and two comfortable brown bean bags. Max and Theo were sitting on the bean bags while Zayn, Shifa, Iqra and Lexi sat on my bed around me.

"Actually aunty, she has a fever and it's bad," Theo said as my Mom gave me a look and insisted that we go to a doctor right now. "Mom, I'll take the medicine and I'll be fine. There's no need to go to a doctor," I sighed and Zayn said "Mom let her take the medicine and if the fever's still there, I will myself take her to the doctor, okay?" She nodded and left us alone after giving me the meds.

"How did you guys come here?" I asked to which Lexi replied, "We were coming here to drop Iqra and Shifa, so we thought to meet you as well," I nodded and Zayn said, "You know Layla, Imran also left the party, he too wasn't feeling well, right Theo?"
We looked at Theo and I acted surprised, as if I didn't already know about it. "Um, yeah, he told me about it. I'm gonna stay with him tonight, at the beach house," he lied. I could literally see it right across his face. Imran would prefer staying alone at the moment than being around anyone, just like me.

If Imran doesn't care about me anymore, why should I ask about him? "Layla? What are you thinking?" Zayn asked and I shook my head, saying, "Nah nothing. Did you all eat something? You guys must be hungry, I'll tell mom to bring something."

I made a quick call to my mom and asked her to bring something for them to eat, and after cutting her call, I told them that the food is coming. "Layla you didn't have to ask her to bring us food, it's fine," Iqra said, to which I replied, "Don't be so formal, it's not your first time here." Shifa laughed at this and we started talking till the food came. I was not really in the mood for any talks, but they were here, for me, so I couldn't do that.

My mom came back with the food for everyone and they began eating. It was Chinese, meaning she must have ordered it along with the soup that came for me. "Wow, this is so good! I could literally eat this all day!" Lexi exclaimed and I looked at Zayn, who now had a different expression on his face. These same words were once spoken by Sarah when they had come for dinner at my house after we had spent the day at games and movies, when they were the cutest couple I had known. Iqra and Shifa too looked at Zayn and his face changed the moment he heard her say that.

He's gonna talk about it to me later, I know. "Lex, it's from a hotel," I said and grinned as Shifa said, "Yeah so what? Your mom makes much much much better food than this. I'm not saying this is bad, but your mom makes the tastiest food. You guys should taste her food one day."

"Of course we will. We can't just let it go after hearing your praises," Max said and they laughed. I checked the time on my phone. 12:23 am
They stayed for some more time and left when Theo said, "Guys it's almost 1, let's leave and let her rest." Hearing this, Max said, "Oh yes, it's pretty late. C'mon, see you tomorrow Layla, bye," and hugged me. Everyone said their good byes and left, finally leaving me alone.
I took the empty and used plates and the bowls down and kept them on the kitchen platform. I cleaned the kitchen and took a bottle of water for myself to take in my room. Before going up in my room, I made my way to my parents' room to take a medicine.

My head was paining and my whole house was spinning before my eyes. Just as I knocked their door, my eyes became heavy and I saw my dad opening the door as I fell down on the floor, unconscious.

Ow, my head was paining and I opened my eyes, noticing the change in my room's appearance. Wait, this isn't my room, where am I?
I sat upright on the bed with a jerk and my head spun again. I saw the needles inserted in my hands and finally it clicked me- I was in a damn hospital.
How did I come here? I sat there, thinking why was I admitted in a freaking hospital.

I tried to get down from the bed, but the moment I stepped my foot on the floor, the doors opened and in came my parents along with my three best friends. "Hey hey hey, get back up on the bed, you're not allowed to get down, alright?" My mom said as she made me sit on the bed.

"What happened? Why am I here?" I asked them and my dad asked, "Layla, you don't remember what happened?" I shook my head, confused at their behaviour. What's wrong with them? "Ow, my head hurts, I can't remember what happened," I said as I touched my head.
They came forward with a frown on their face, digging me in anxiety.

I tried to remember what happened before this, but I simply couldn't. And every time I tried doing that, it felt as if someone was hitting my head with a hammer.
"Mom, dad? Say something," I said and they simply sighed. "Zayn, Iqra, Shifu, come on you guys, say something!" I shouted and the headache came back, much stronger this time.
I held my head and my family panicked as they came near me while my dad went outside.
"Layla, what's happening?" Zayn asked with concern and I replied, "My head hurts, too much."
"You'll be okay Laybay," Iqra said, and I noticed her face- it was swollen, as if she had been crying. The last time her face was swollen was when her cat Maisy died two years ago. Something terribly wrong must have happened if she's cried that bad.

I looked at mom, Zayn and Shifa and to my surprise, all of them looked dull and sleepless. Their faces were pale, and eyes were red. "What's wrong? Did something happen? Why do you all look so dull?" I asked and before anyone could say anything, my dad came back with a doctor. The pain in my head increased minute by minute and the doctor injected me with something and I lost consciousness again.

*    *    *    *    *

Hey everyone! Thank you for reading! Wishing you a nice and lovely day ahead!<3
Make sure to vote if you liked the chapter!<33